Vol.15 Ch.14: The Early-Game Thrown Into Disarray

"Phew, made it!" Ronald finally escaped to safety. "Thanks, bro! Totally saved my ass back there, haha."

"Hmph." Willaim scuffed. "Next time, how about you avoid doing stupid stuff like overextending against dangerous opponents? You've lost almost all your HP for nothing."

"Hey, not for nothing!" Ronald objected. "I did place the ward in the end. Just look over there."

Indeed, as he was saying, there was a ward placed in the area from which he had barely escaped alive.

"Huh." William made a face. "When did you even have the time to place it?"

"Hehe! I saw the danger coming, so I jammed in that bad boi right before I bolted. Totally a pro move, isn't it?"

"What are you so proud of?" Cato criticized. "Half of the ward's vision is blocked by a wall."

"Well EXCUSE ME, I was kinda in a hurry. These bruhs were trying to murder my ass, you know?"

"Yes, because you weren't supposed to be all the way over there in the first place."

"Oh c'mon." Ronald shrugged. "Sure, it was a little dangerous for a moment there, but nothing bad happened in the end, right? Get off my case already."

"Nothing bad happened? Really? Nothing?"

"Well, I'm still alive and kicking, ya know?"

"Yes, but you seem to be forgetting that you're running extremely low on HP," Cato reminded. "The DK can kill you with one blast, so you're pretty much obligated to recall."

"Yeaaaah, I guess I better evacuate, huh." Ronald awkwardly scratched his head. "But bro, is this really okay? Can you guys clear the ogres fine without me?"

"Nothing about this is 'okay' by any stretch of the imagination," William said. "But, we'll have to manage."

"Yeah, I figured it might be a little rough." Ronald nodded.

Seraph was a hella weak bruh in the early-game, and Sorcerer was awful at Lv. 1 without access to at least two spells. So, the two of them were gonna struggle against the Ogre Camp for sure. They definitely needed Ronald to help them out with his amazing power build!

"Okay, no problem!" Ronald announced. "I'mma stay to help you bruhs with the ogres, then I'll recall after that."

"No, you recall now, young man," Cato ordered. "Thanks to your recklessness, the chances of an early invasion have skyrocketed. If you stay to farm the ogres, they'll target and kill you first."

"C'mon, it'll be fine!" Ronald insisted. "If they show up, I'mma just retreat. If they don't, we'll get to clear the camp real fast."

"Go back to base," William ordered as well. "You're just putting yourself in danger here for no reason. Heal up and return to help me in the lane."

"Gotcha, bro!" Ronald followed his brother's orders without voicing a single rebuttal. He began recalling right away like a good kid.

I wish he also listened like this to me, the CAPTAIN. Cato grumped. Well, whatever. As long as he's gone, that's one thing less to worry about. Now, the remaining question is...

"Matt, Will. What do you want to do?" Cato asked.

"What a drag..." Matthew muttered. He had a very good reason to be upset about this development because Sorcerer had to be at least Lv. 2 to be relevant.

He had to unlock the Magia Orb spell in order to place an orb on the field, and then he also needed one more spell that interacted with the orb in a meaningful way. Until that point, Sorcerer was extremely weak and vulnerable.