Vol.17 Ch.25: Confronting the Ganker

"I'm going in," William announced to ensure he and Sonya were in sync. Then, the lion man jumped over the wall!

William's target was still in the middle of overextending, hanging out around the center of the lane. Thus far, she didn't exhibit any signs of being aware of William's position. So, by all accounts, this should be an easy gank. However...

Here it comes! Kai heard the leaping sound loud and clear. The Lionfolk was right there, right about to crash on her from above!

In response, Kai turned around and rolled toward allied territory. WHAM! A loud crash resounded behind her! However, it didn't touch her.

Hah! Get dunked! Kai smirked as she recovered from the roll. Her response was on point.

Finally, some action! Kai's body heated up. She became so perky in an instant that it almost felt like she was fast asleep until now. That's how boring it was to entertain Theorist's pacifistic status quo in the lane.

But, this was different! At long last, she had an opportunity to actually fight somebody for real, and her opponent was strong to boot!

C'mon, let's do this! Kai asserted her fighting spirit by summoning a Magia Orb, but then she just... turned around and ran away! Yes, she fled the dangerous battlefield, as lame as that was. Unfortunately, this was necessary for winning.

"He's here!" Kai reported as she rushed deeper into the allied territory, with Winner right on her tail.

Tap tap tap. The Lionfolk's nimble steps were right behind her, threatening to catch up.

Good. Kai nodded in satisfaction. This wouldn't be a real fight if you don't chase me down.

In this position, a Lionfolk had every reason to chase down a fleeing Sorcerer. Kai had no escape tools whatsoever, so it should be easy enough for a Lionfolk to tear her apart once he catches up.

To make things worse, the Lionfolk was faster on foot, so he'll catch up before long. But, will he make it in time? After all, Kai's timely Dodge Roll gave her a head start, so the Lionfolk was currently lagging behind.

Slowly but surely, the predator was closing on the prey, but he might not make it in time before Kai reaches the tower area. For some reason, Winner didn't build as much Movement Speed as you'd expect from a typical Lionfolk, so he wasn't overwhelmingly quick on his feet. This was a fact that Yuel probably took into account when forming this ploy.

Naturally, Winner also realized that he might not make it at this rate. Therefore, after chasing Kai for a brief while, the guy rolled forward to close the distance in an instant!

Kai couldn't see the actual roll happen behind her back, but she recognized the SFX all too well.

"He used his roll!" Kai informed. It was crucial information for the mastermind who hatched this entire plan, as well as for the one who was also about to arrive in the lane soon.

After the Dodge Roll, the distance between Kai and the Lionfolk was just a couple of steps. Nonetheless, Kai continued running away as before, so it won't be easy for the Lionfolk to both chase her and strike her at the same time.

In other words, Winner still needed a definitive method to block off Kai's escape route. And, that method was none other than his ult.

"This domain is now mine!" the Lionfolk roared. In response to the shout, numerous lions emerged out of thin air and formed a blockade around Kai.

"He used his ult," Kai informed calmly. Or, at least, she did her best to sound calm. Nonetheless, a nervous gulp escaped her throat after she was done reporting the situation.