Vol.18 Ch.37: Searching for an Opportunity to Gank Apprentece

Ever since Nia left Mid, she had been monitoring the events in Bot. And, to make sure that the enemy stayed in the dark about all of this, she purposely walked near a confirmed ward in Top Jungle. This surely made the enemy think she was rotating over there, but in truth, Nia stealthily returned to Bot Jungle almost right away.

So, while Lars was confronting Apprentece, Nia cautiously crept into a position for a gank. She made sure to sneak around any sus wards locations to reach the lane undetected.

Ok, I made it. Nia nodded to herself. I don't think anybody noticed me. Probably.

Nothing about Appretnece's actions indicated that he was aware of Nia's location. So, this meant her undercover operation was a success. Probably.

But, that alone isn't enough. Not against this monster. Nia had already snuck up to this pro twice in this game. The first time, the guy saw through it and countered it in a scary way. The second time, Nia managed to catch the guy off-guard, but her offense wasn't sharp enough to seal the deal.

Admittedly, Nia wasn't 100% confident about the play on both occasions. For the first one, rushing that gank seemed sus to her. She was fairly convinced that she hadn't fully erased her presence at the time, so Appretnece's bold overextension seemed unnatural. And, it really was a trap!

As for the second play, Yuel orchestrated that entire thing from the ground up. It was the kind of plan Nia wouldn't have thought of in a million years, so it was very sus. In the end, it ALMOST worked, but not quite.

Ganking with so little HP is scary. Nia shuddered from the mere memory of that event. I probably could've done a better job if I wasn't so worried about staying alive the entire time.

In the end, as good as the second gank attempt was, it didn't meet all the requirements necessary for performing optimally. What Nia needed was a classic gank. She had to be healthy and sneak up to Apprentece undetected, and without Apprentece expecting her arrival.

This time, I have the HP. Nia nodded at her 90% HP bar. So, if I just get an opportunity, I can do it. I'm sure I can.

Honestly, she had no idea where that confidence was even coming from. In fact, maybe it wasn't confidence at all. She just really wanted to smack that Apprentece guy hard, that's all.

Yes, she had to admit she was rather passionate about all of this, as unusual as it was for her. Ganking unsuspecting opponents had always been fun, but this was personal. Nia wanted to specifically gank THIS guy, and gank him hard.

I-I can take him down, I'm sure I can! So, just show me an opening already. Nia closely followed the movements in Bot from afar using the X-ray vision mode.

As always, Apprentece's conduct reeked of sheer cockiness. The guy advanced to the frontline without caring about Lars's attack range at all.

Next, Appretence got hit by one of Lars's beams, seemingly on purpose. As a result, both minion waves started moving around and the lane turned to chaos.

As Lars's swordsmen gave chase after Apprentece's swordsmen, they ended up stepping closer to their fellow bowmen. That was a fatal misplay on their part.

BAM! The Orc swung his deadly sledgehammer, annihilating all the injured swordsmen and almost killing the bowmen too. Scary.

If one of these hits me... Nia gulped. This display of strength reminded her once again just how scary a class Orc was. It was an absolute monster, pretty much on par with a Dark Knight.

Just a few months ago, Nia dreaded ganking such classes. She knew how important it was to harass such strong early-game opponents, but she couldn't bring herself to confront these monsters. After all, with how broken their damage was, eliminating Nia's entire HP bar was as easy as snapping a twig for them.