Vol.16 Ch.31: Preparing the Fateful Gank...!

These guys are driving me crazy. Luke grumbled. They don't give me a single opening to do anything! The heck am I supposed to do then?

It was as if the entire enemy team ganged up on Luke. They recognized how awesome his DK was, so now they were bullying him as a gang. Not cool, man.

It's tough being popular. Luke smiled wryly. But seriously, what am I gonna do? Time is ticking.

A Dark Knight's lifespan was painfully short when he couldn't get early momentum. At this rate, his DK will lose its status as the "most dangerous guy alive" and will be demoted to being some average Joe.

I gotta make this next gank on Top count, no matter what. Gotta push hard and get them kills! Even if Winner shows up, I gotta do it!

His entire future was riding on this. If he fails here, then he probably won't get another chance to make an impact in this game.

Welp, that's what it means to play a meme. Luke thought. Ya always gonna run into these high-risk situations that seem hella unbalanced, but you gotta suck it up and pull through! That's how true memers play!

Perhaps the previous game was really just a fluke. The enemies underestimated Luke's DK and lowered their guard.

But, not this game. This time, the enemy was on full alert, even more than necessary.

So this time, there will be no more excuses if Luke wins. Even the haters won't able to say that his DK was a fluke or blame anything on the enemy's incompetence.

I'll mop these guys fair and square. That'll everybody how sick memes can be! I gonna become an inspiration for all future memers to come!

With that strong desire burning in his heart, Luke headed toward Top. The plan was to get there around the same time the minion wave arrives.

I may be starved, but I can still wipe out the entire wave in one hit. Luke grinned menacingly. Huehue, I'mma do just that and make our minions join the lynch!

It was the ultimate setup. Even if Winner joins the fray for a counter-gank, dude still shouldn't be able to turn the situation around. It'll become a 2v2 situation but Luke's side will also have a full brigade of minions to provide backup.

Then again, he can summon dudes, too. Luke knotted his brows. Them vikings are actually stronger than regular mobs, so he might even out the odds. That won't be fun.

The Viking's ult was a potential wrench in the upcoming plans, but Luke had to press on with the plan regardless. Worst case, he'll have to mop these vikings with a second Dark Blast once it comes out of cooldown. So, it was a solvable situation overall.

Besides, Luke had no choice but to push forward with this plan. This was his last chance. There was no future for him beyond this point if he fails to score any kills. The fate of the entire world was riding on this play!

Pft, okay, not really. Luke chuckled. I'm not Vince, so I can't be this dramatic with a straight face. But, it's really a huge deal for my DK. So yeah, the entire game might kinda be riding on this play. No pressure, haha...

Naturally, Yuel also understood the importance of it, so he dropped a couple of extra suggestions.

"If possible, try to pincer him."

"Yep, that's the plan."

"And, make sure to place a ward in the jungle before you go to lane. We have to know for sure when their Jungler is approaching."

"Oh right, the ward over there is almost dead. Gotcha."

With that, the preparations were done. Luke, Yuel, and Vincent were all on the same page regarding this play. They were fully prepared for any kind of development.

What happens if Challenger goes Berserk? What happens if Winner counter-ganks? How will they deal with Viking's ult? They had discussed everything that could possibly happen after Luke reaches the lane.

Heck, they even touched upon one hella unlikely topic: what happens if something stops Luke from reaching the lane in the first place?

In truth, it was an unthinkable scenario. The worst that could happen was Luke running into Winner when he attempts to invade Top from the enemy side of the lane. This meant Luke will have to give up on that angle of attack, so he won't be able to properly pincer Challenger, but that's about it.

Worst case, I'd ditch that plan and raid the lane from the front door. Luke thought. It gonna suck, but nothing I can do about it.

So yeah, even that worst-case scenario was already covered in their discussions. Their preparations were bulletproof! Or, so they believed.

"No way..." Luke's jaw dropped. Something even more unthinkable than the "most unthinkable scenario" just happened.

Winner showed up early, which was already bad news. But to make things worse, he didn't pop up from the enemy side of the jungle. Instead, dude showed up right in the middle of Luke's path! That fearless bruh was approaching Top Lane not on the Leopards' side of the jungle, but on Stratus'! What gonna happen next!?

-------------------------------------------------------------/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter!