Vol.16 Ch.39: The Absolute Duo

The situation looked grave indeed for LegendaryMemer. A pack of savage barbarians ganged up on him, intending to execute him in broad daylight!

But fear not, for a gallant knight was already on his way to the rescue! Though, in this particular case, the knight in question was cloaked in black and rode a demonic steed. But, details!

Despite the Knight's fearsome getup, the man came here with good intentions. He jumped off the steed and raised his shield!

"I have come to the rescue!" Vincent charged forth, slamming into the enemy gang! The strong attack rammed into the assailants, driving them away from their prey!

On top of that, this move pushed all the mobs to one area. Now, they were no more than sitting ducks for the dark arts!

"Heck yeah, let's gooooo!" Luke unleashed Dark Blast, slicing through the entire enemy army! The blast deleted a big chunk of the vikings' HP, leaving them at death's door.

Unfortunately, the sturdy warriors lived on. And, since they couldn't feel any pain, they charged at Luke once again as if nothing happened. Their persistence was impressive indeed.

"Dang, these guys be tanky," Luke commented. "Let's clear them out first."

"I'm on the job!"

The duo combined their efforts to wipe out what little remained of the vikings' HP. There was no exp or gold to be gained from clearing these mobs, but it was necessary to get rid of these pesky minions before moving on to the main dish.

Meanwhile, the "main dish" in question was keeping his distance and observing the situation without interfering.

Hmph. So, I wasn't fast enough. William grumped. He was so close to slaying Memer for good, but Blackhole appeared at the nick of time to throw a wrench in William's plans.

It's unfortunate. William shook his head. But, this doesn't really change much. I did what I came here to do. This DK is finished.

The main goal of this entire play was to stop the Dark Knight in his tracks so he won't be able to score a kill in Top. So, in that regard, William passed the exam with flying colors. Getting a kill on Memer would've been a nice bonus, but it wasn't mandatory for passing by any means.

In the end, even though Memer survived the onslaught, he was left with nothing. He didn't get any kills and he lost too much HP, so he'll have to recall now, which will waste even more of his precious time. It was over for him. Memer had no future in this game.

As a nice bonus, I also made the Knight waste his ult. William summarised. And, while Blackhole is here, Ron now has the opportunity to push the lane for free. At least, that was supposed to be the plan...

The instructions William gave his younger brother before any of this started were crystal clear: "No matter what happens, stay on the lane and keep pushing. If they group up, then I'll just retreat, so no need to worry."

Ronald nodded in response to these instructions, but that brat could never be trusted. His attention span was virtually nonexistent at times. So, instead of pushing Top for free like a good, obedient kid, that rascal was currently dashing through the jungle...

"I'm almost there, brooooo!"

"That's interesting because I remember telling you to stay on the lane."

"Meh, that's boring, bro." Ronald shrugged. "I thought it was a good plan at first, but then I saw this situation and was like 'We can get Double Kill here! Let's gooooo!' So yeah, let's dunk on these bruhs!"