Vol.18 Ch.33: Draining MP

Kai has already placed two Magia Orbs on the scene. They were a fair distance away from each other: one on the left and one in the center.

In response to this placement, Apprentece positioned himself closer to the right side of the lane to stay away from both orbs. It won't be easy to trap him between three orbs for Resonance Ignition, that's for sure.

But he's still here, so I have time to set things up. Kai thought.

The cooldown of her Magia Orb was about to end soon. Once the skill comes online again, she'll unleash her Resonance Ignition right away! The guy won't see it coming!

But unbeknown to her, the enemy was very much prepared for such a development. In fact, he had been for. However, not everybody in the Leopards agreed with this line of play.

"My, aren't you pushing a little too far?" Cato asked. "I believe you should've retreated a while ago."

"It's fine," Jin said only that as he stepped closer to the tower area. This mad lad was absolutely planning to push the tower all the way, or so it seemed.

"Their Jungler might be on standby," Sonya warned. "I haven't seen her move anywhere for a while now."

"Yes, makes sense." Jin nodded. "But, she can't do much. If she comes, I kill her. Simple."

There wasn't a single dent in his confidence. Despite how deeply he was overextending into enemy territory, he acted as if he was in total control of the situation.

And in his case, it's not exactly "cockiness". Cato thought. The Emperor just trusts his own game analysis that much and it's usually on point, too. Sigh.

Jin was like a problematic chess piece that was bound to be unruly. On this board, his skill level transcended even the power of a queen piece, allowing him to do whatever he wanted.

As such, the most Cato could do was drop pieces of advice here and there, to make sure that Jin's overconfidence won't be the end of him.

"What's the plan, anyway?" Cato asked. "Any reason why you're overextending so much?"

"If I already wasting time here, then at least I want to do something meaningful."

"Such as?"

"Lowering enemy MP."

"Oh, I see. So, this is what's it all about."

This explained the extreme cockiness that Jin had been exhibiting ever since he arrived in Mid. He had been acting all high and mighty in order to bait Beat, and it worked.

Initially, Beat had enough MP to last for three more waves after this one. However, in her attempts to retaliate against Jin, she used Repelling Force which cost some fine MP. On top of that, she had been placing Magia Orbs left and right, most likely to set up her ult.

If Beat unleashes Resonance Ignition as well, then she'll burn through all her remaining MP. At that point, she'll have no choice but to recall to base after the exchange. Jin had been overextending in order to make that happen.

A nasty ploy. I like it. Cato smirked. It'll actually be huge if he kicks Beat out of the lane by the time Sonya returns.

Both Matthew and Sonya were defensive Mid Laners, therefore the Leoaprds had been on the defensive in Mid throughout the entire day. As such, it was always hard to establish lane advantage over there. Hopefully, Jin's scheme will help with that.

The one who controls Mid controls the game, it's just like in chess. Cato nodded. Well, I still think his overextension is very risky, but I'm sure the Emperor knows what he's doing.