Vol.15 Ch.24: Berserk Rampage and Dark Annihilation

The Dark Knight appeared in his Nightmare form out of thin air, right in front of Sonya!

He came over here after all!? Sonya jumped. A-And this timing, too...!

This was bad. Very bad. Exceptionally bad!

Ugh, move already! Sonya had just finished charging forward with her Draconic Rush and now commanded her avatar to start running again. Alas, the Dragonborn refused to heed her orders. C'mon! Tch, this inconvenient recovery animation...!

With great power came great responsibility, that was the best way to describe Draconic Rush. It was a great charge attack that granted invincibility to boot, but it had a needlessly long recovery animation that couldn't even be canceled into a Dodge Roll.

Thus, as the final parts of the charging animation played out, Sonya was practically rooted in place like a tree. Yes, she was right there, almost immobile, in front of the biggest threat of this game - the Dark Knight!

Naturally, the enemy didn't waste any time exploiting this temporary weakness. Memer raised his blade of darkness and swung it swiftly, unleashing a Dark Blast right in Sonya's face!

He started off with that right away!? Sonya grit her teeth. Curses! I was hoping he'll use some basics first, considering he got me in melee range. What a pain in the neck...!

Thump. Thump. Thumpthump. Sonya heard the sound of her heartbeat echoing inside her head. This was bad. Bad. Bad. Bad!

Am I going to die here? No, forget it. That's a pointless question that doesn't help the situation in any shape or form. Sonya took a deep breath and exhaled. I just have to run! That's all I can do right now.

Yes, she just had to keep running away, it was that simple. Both of her escape tools were out of commission, so running away was all she could do.

There weren't any sophisticated plays for her to pull off at this point, so thinking too hard about the situation was as pointless as it was frustrating. There was a time and a place for overanalyzing things, and this wasn't one of them.

Right now, she just had to run!

"The Dark Knight is here!" Sonya informed amidst her escape.

Her teammates had probably already noticed the situation by now but none of them could lend a hand. With Cato all the way down in Bot Jungle, he couldn't possibly make it in time to help.

I'm already below 50%. Sonya analyzed. I'll get one more roll before dying, so I have to make the most of it. If I roll straight toward the tower, then I might still make it.

The Dark Knight was breathing down on her neck. The black blade slashed her back repeatedly, dealing decent damage.

Normally, Dark Knight's basics weren't anything too special. However, Memer was using his Nightmare skill to buff his power. Though it didn't make a huge difference in terms of damage output, it was enough to turn his attacks into a threat as the damage accumulated.

In addition, Nightmare accelerated Memer's Movement Speed. That's what allowed the normally slow Dark Knight to keep up with Sonya despite the fact he was also dishing out attacks while running.

With that said, the damage was coming in rather slowly. A lot of it was mitigated thanks to the flat defense coming from Dragonborn's passive, Draconic Scales.

On top of that, Sonya started the game with a defensive build that increased her Max HP quite substantially. So, unlike the explosive damage of the earlier Dark Blast, the Dark Knight's basic attacks were manageable.