Vol.18 Ch.27: The "Defensive" Counter Gank

"I'm invading," Willaim informed as he approached Top Lane. "I hope you don't mind."

"Fine." Jin shrugged. "But, leave kills to me."

"... alright." Willaim didn't appreciate that commanding tone in the slightest, but he didn't have a rebuttal either. It was definitely better to feed the Orc than the Viking at this stage of the game. So, as bossy as the request sounded, William decided to respect it.

As the two of them came to an agreement on the matter, the enemy was still under the illusion that they had the upper hand in this situation.

I-I'm alive! Nia realized. The deadly scourge definitely struck her, delivering what was supposed to be the killing blow. However, the damage was softened by a barrier made of branches. It was all thanks to Ben's timely arrival.

Wow. For once, he made it in time. Nia was impressed.

It sounded mean, but that wasn't her intention at all. This was nothing more than her honest reaction based on past experiences with Ben.

The guy was a decent player overall, but he was on the slower side when it came to arriving on the scene and cooperating with Nia's ganks. After repeating a billion sore experiences like this during club practice, Nia developed a sense of distrust toward some of Ben's skills.

But, maybe as Yuel said, I just need to give him more opportunities to prove himself. Maybe he's not that bad, after all.

Ben's timely arrival flipped the entire situation on its head. Since Nia survived the critical blow, the enemy had no choice but to flee the scene at this point.

BAM! The Turret retaliated for Nia's sake, erasing over 20% of the aggressor's HP!

Now, Apprentece's HP fell below 20%, placing him one tower shot away from death. So naturally, the guy footed it. He turned around and fled outside the tower area.

But, he's still close. Nia thought. Drow is faster, so maybe I can still get this kill...!

She gave chase without thinking twice. The desire to smite Apprentece overwhelmed everything. She wanted that scary monster dead, no matter what!

"N-Nia, wait! There's-" Ben was trying to say something, but his shaky voice failed to register.

Dunno what's he worried about. Nia thought. It's 2v1 and I have the range advantage, so there isn't anything scary here- WHAM! An axe crashed into the ground beside her!

"Eh?" Nia blinked. "What is-?" Before she had the chance to complete the sentence - it already happened. WHISH! The enemy Viking popped out of thin air, right beside her!

"A-Ah!" Nia froze. Her brain short-circuited. This was death. Death. Death. Death. Death. Death.

The Viking tackled Nia as soon as he appeared, giving her no chance to dodge. He wrapped his arms around the Drow's torso and flung Nia outside the tower area!

"N-No!" Nia shrieked. This is... This is not how it was supposed to...!

WHISH! The all-familiar scourge cracked once again. The bribed metal ravaged Nia's body without mercy.

『You have been killed!』

"Ah..." Nia just sat there, staring at her monitor in a daze. "This is... just... how..."

Everything was over in a blink of an eye, without warning. Winner just blinked in, tossed Nia around like a sack of trash, and Apprentece finished her off. Nia had no chance to retaliate at all.

I messed up... Nia lowered her head. How didn't I notice? He was right there, I should've...

Yes, by all accounts, she should've noticed Winner earlier. Sure, the guy was a little sneaky in how he approached the lane from around the corner, but Nia still should've noticed him. That is, if she bothered to check the area around her at all...