Vol.19 Ch.6: The Explosive Noble

"Hmm. Let's see..." Cornelia stepped onto the court and eyed the practicing girls. Then, she randomly thrust her finger at one of them. "Hey, you! Eh, what was your name again? Well, doesn't matter. I wish to practice spikes, so set for me!"

"Eeeh?" the girl made a face. "I'm not really good with that stuff."

"Nonsense, I've seen you setting up just fine," Cornliea said. "Besides, it's but a simple set, how hard can it be?"

"But, you're totally going to complain if the sets aren't to your liking..."

"Of course I will." Cornelia nodded. "If the sets won't permit me to properly practice my spikes, then there is no point to them."

"You see? You do want the high-quality sets, after all." The girl made a face. "But, I'm the reserve libero, remember? Heh, who am I kidding? Of course you don't. Anyway, I don't do sets often, so I'm not that good at them."

"Hmm, I see." Cornelia nodded in understanding. "But, it is never too late to learn! So, come on."

"Somebody, save meeeeeeeeee..."

"Alright, alright." Another girl stepped. It was Daniella, the captain of the club as well as the team's main setter. "I'll set for you."

"Much obligated, captain." Cornelia expressed proper respect toward the senior in charge. Such was the expected etiquette from a noble lady.

Just you watch, Fiona! Cornelia thought as she jumped toward the set ball. Today, I shall make sure that the name Cornelia von Galen will go down in history as the name of the one who triumphed over the Landberht scion!

BOOM! It sounded like an explosion, but that was just the sound of the ball crashing into the floor. Cornelia struck that one with all her might and the set was quite ideal, as expected from the captain. Therefore, Cornelia was able to exhibit the full extent of her noble talent with that spike!

The sound of the crash echoed throughout the gym. Such intimidating noises were perhaps common in boys' volleyball, but not so much in girls'.

Naturally, many of the girls turned around to check out the source of the explosion. In other words, they were all gazing upon the mighty Cornelia von Galen! Surely, they'll now revere her as the queen of the volleyball court!

But...

"Out," Daniella said.

"... excuse me?"

"It was out."

"W-Was it?" Cornelia was taken aback. "S-Surely you jest. It was right there on the line!"

"Nope, it was out. I saw it clearly. Right, girls?" Daniella addressed the ones who stood closer to the point of impact. The girls confirmed that the ball indeed landed a little outside the bounds.

"T-That can't be..." Cornelia gritted her teeth for a moment, but then covered her mouth and burst out in laughter. "Ohohoho! Yes, of course it might've landed out of bounds. After all, I did not strictly try to place the shot within the court itself."

"Oh, you didn't?"

"Not at all. After all, this is but warm-up, ohoho!"

"Hmm, I see." Daniella nodded. "Then, from here on out, please make sure to hit all your spikes inside the court. It's important to warm up your aim, too." Especially, in your case...

"Of course, of course." Cornelia nodded. "Very well. As a noble lady, I shall elegantly place all my powerful shots within the court! This is no challenge at all for a scion of the von Galen family!"