Vol.19 Ch.1: Stratus - A Threat or Pushovers?

The long scrimmage between Stratus and the Leopards had come to an end. The final outcome was more than predictable, but there had been some unexpected results along the way.

The Leopards started off on the right foot and established dominance early on, as expected from the undefeated champions. However, Stratus didn't take any of that lying down. Time after time, they brought forth unconventional weapons and strategies in order to challenge the champions.

At one point, the audience even applauded Stratus' achievement. Though, it was questionable whether anything about that Jungler Dark Knight deserved any praise.

Honestly, that one was far from an elegant performance. One could even brand it as an insult to the competitive scene.

Nonetheless, that unlikely strategy worked for Stratus for one game. Once again, Yuel Fermond had proved his ability to convert a dubious strategy into a winning position.

Naturally, the same trick didn't work for them twice in a row. Cato would have become a disgrace to the Leopards' legacy if he allowed such nonsense to repeat itself.

So in the end, the unconventional Dark Knight idea only worked once. It took the Leopards off-guard the first time, but after that, the Leopards thoroughly shut it down.

This led to the return of VanishingFlower. Compared to the first game, her performance was far better this time around. However, it also felt like the Leopards dug their own grave in that game. They were overly cautious of Vanishing's presence, to the point of wasting lots of resources on the surveillance of just one player.

Of course, some precaution was definitely necessary against a sneaky opponent like that. However, the Leopards took it way too far. And so, consumed by their own paranoia, they ended up dropping the 4th game.

That led to an unexpected 2-2 tie between the two teams. This was a situation that probably nobody in the stadium expected to see.

The Leopards had superior specs overall, it was clear as day. And yet, they tripped twice against an inferior team. It was quite peculiar.

Undoubtedly, this was yet another example of Yuel Fermond using unconventional means to claw his way out of a terribly losing situation. What a stubborn man. His persistence knows no bounds.

Alas, a tie was as far as he could go. What transpired afterward was barely even worth analyzing. The Leopards crushed the competition via raw strength by subbing in an extraordinary Korean player.

Until that point, Fiona had only heard rumors of Apprentece. Cato was a regular visitor to her house, and Rodriguez tutored her from time to time. Thus, it was inevitable for Fiona to learn about the existence of this secret player.

However, little did she know that this player was so overwhelmingly powerful. Apprentece's one brief appearance on the stage rendered null all the four games that came before it.

Apprentece made it clear as day that only by including him in the lineup did the Leopards finally exhibit their full strength. Everything that came before it was child's play in comparison.

Apprentece destroyed Stratus without giving them so much as a fighting chance. The seemingly invincible Korean player left no openings in his defense as he pressed attack at every turn. It wasn't an exaggeration to say that Apprentece played on a whole different dimension compared to the rest of the region.

Apprentece was like an entire legion in the form of one player. He had the strength to carry his entire team on his back and dictate the rules for everybody, allies and enemies alike.

This is the type of player I strive to become as well. Fiona thought that to herself when she watched the last game.

The specifics of that game weren't even worth discussing. It was a one-man show by Apprentece, through and through.