Vol.15 Ch.20: Capitalizing on One Mistake

"Ack, crap!" Ronald exclaimed as a shower poured on him outta nowhere. That Aquamancer bruh cast his Rainfall spell outta nowhere!

And, while Ronald was slowed down- ZAP! A laser beam!

The shot pierced through Ronald's skull. If this were a shooter game, then this would've been a lethal hit for sure.

"Whoa, this bruh just keeps landing headshots even in this situation!?" Ronald's brain short-circuited as he tried to process this. "But wait, more importantly, are they seriously going all in like this!?"

"I told you they'll use this opportunity," William said matter-of-factly. "You should've retreated as soon as I told you."

"Yeaaah, I guess I should've, haha." Ronald laughed dryly. "But, no problem! They not gonna get me."

"They better not, or else we might lose the game right there."

"Whoa. I guess I'm that important for winning, huh."

"No, I'm important for winning because I'm the Carry," William asserted. "If they remove you now, then they'll have no problem targeting me next, that's the real problem."

"Oh crap, you're right." Ronald nodded. "Okay, don't worry, bro! I won't let them kill me so easily."

"I sure hope so. Your performance in this game hasn't been up to par so far."

"Oh c'mon, I just made one bad call at game start. It's all water under the bridge by now."

Says the guy himself. William made a face. These consecutive misplays are getting a little concerning. He's probably feeling himself because we've already won one game, so depending on how things develop, I might have to think of a solution to this.

Frankly, this Carry-Support dynamic was so backward. Instead of the Support babysitting the Carry, it felt like William was the one taking care of Ronald. It was such a pain in the neck sometimes.

At times like this, I almost wish Cato was my Support. William couldn't believe that this thought actually passed his mind, but it was true. We'd probably bash heads a lot, but at least I can overall trust him to make good decisions as a Support.

William could do nothing more than sigh at the unfolding situation. The die was already cast. Chessmaster slowed Ronald down with Rainfall and Gunz started sniping from afar. The battle was on.

Naturally, this assault triggered the few remaining allied minions. The soldiers turned their attention to Gunz, the offender who dared to touch Ronald.

Technically, it was Chessmaster who launched the first attack. However, Rainfall didn't deal any damage, therefore it wasn't considered a hostile action by the bots even though it totally was.

Despite the approaching retaliation, Gunz aimed his rifle once again without a single care in the world.

"Ron, you should place a-" ZAP! "... a wall."

The advice arrived too late. Yet another bullet pierced through Ronald's skull.

"Dang, seriously!? I thought I was gonna juke this one real ez." Ronald moved from side to side as he ran, doing his best to confuse the sniper. Alas, none of it proved effective. Gunz's sniping skills didn't falter at all.

It looks like I'm too dang slow. Ronald realized.

That nasty slowdown from Rainfall really hit him hard. Even though he has already escaped the rain's area, the slowdown effect still lingered for a few seconds.

"Okay, then a wall it is!" Ronald really didn't want to waste MP on this skill unless it was absolutely necessary, but right now, it was totally necessary!