002

As soon as Beomgyu is back home, he flops onto the sofa and lets out a deep, stressed sigh.

Hueningkai is already seated on the opposite side of the sofa, wearing a big smirk across his lips on seeing Beomgyu's entry.

"Since you're alive, is it safe to assume he isn't dangerous?" he asks the question with a raised brow and an amused tone. "Not a serial killer..." he begins to list off the worries he'd come up with last night.

Beomgyu shoots his head up to glare at Kai, lips pursed. He places his elbows down beside him and massages each side of his temple with his index and middle fingers.

"Even worse." Beomgyu frowns, looking his friend dead in the eye. Hueningkai looks nowhere near as serious as he does. "He's a major flirt! I gave him a list of rules to follow but I doubt he can even make it through the contract without breaking the first one."

He groans, allowing his head to fall back into the pillow which drowns out his frustrated noises.

"Which is?"

Beomgyu again raises his head, eyes glaring, any trace of despair leaving instantly. He expects Kai to put two and two together based on context but if he has to spell it out for him, he will. "Don't flirt with others..." he grumbles, noting the noise of acknowledgement Kai makes.

"I don't know what's worse, him flirting with others or him flirting with me," Beomgyu whines so high he reaches an octave neither he nor Hueningkai knew was possible.

He does know which one is worse, it's the latter of course. Okay, okay. Maybe it isn't, but that's only because he'd rather put up with an idiot's flirting than be made to look like an idiot when his supposed boyfriend is openly flirting with others.

"Now I really wanna meet him," Kai laughs, his interest in the person shown in his tone.

Beomgyu is rarely made to feel like this. When people flirt with him, he turns it down quickly (and honestly quite brutally), unless it's one of those occasions he's up for a bit of flirting, but then he prefers to initiate than receive during those rare times.

"Are you going to the party? Because that's the only way you're going to meet him anytime soon."

"That's how you plan on introducing him as your boyfriend?" Hueningkai's voice hints that the idea isn't the smartest of choices, but Beomgyu hasn't made a lot of smart choices in the last twenty-four hours, so if he thinks he'll care then he's sadly mistaken.

"Yes, and I don't care if that bothers anyone or if you think I'm dumb." Beomgyu's tone mocks Hueningkai by the second half of the sentence, immaturely pulling a face as he speaks.

To sum up easily how careful Hueningkai can be, picture someone treading on water so slowly and so gently it doesn't even ripple. That's how Beomgyu sees it from his point of view at least, and Beomgyu hasn't got the time to be cautious.

"Do you really think it'll work? Your parents are better detectives than Detective Conan when it comes to finding information and solving cases... You have to be careful, Hyung." That familiar sound of concern returns in Kai's voice.

"Yeonjun knows what he's doing," Beomgyu replies unbothered, his fingers pulling at some of the loose thread on one of the cushions.

"Do you know what you're doing?" Hueningkai raises an eyebrow.

Beomgyu holds back an eye roll, relying on a sigh instead. Does Hueningkai have that little faith in him?

"I know what I'm doing you brat." Beomgyu frowns. "Now stop asking me questions."

"I hope for your sake that Aunt and Uncle will fall for your plan... otherwise you're screwed. Don't you think this is a bit dangerous, Hyung?" Hueningkai meets Beomgyu's eyes with empathy whereas Beomgyu's lacks any kind of emotion.