040

Yeonjun and Beomgyu spend the next few weeks up to Christmas as a fresh start. The elder is reintroduced to his parents, who's attitude is new and improved, welcoming him in as if he'd always been part of the family.

Then next to they introduce each other to their friends—the ones they either don't know yet, or don't know well. And it turns out Yeonjun does have more than just Soobin, though limited as he keeps his friend group surprisingly small.

Beomgyu keeps his promise to Hueningkai too, spending more time with him instead of going weeks without seeing him. He's made fast friends with Yeonjun and the two have a thing together where they prank Beomgyu. One of the downsides to introducing your boyfriend to friends, he's noted, is that they can betray you.

But he's happy with the small pranks when it means spending more time with the people he loves. Taehyun visits more now, and Beomgyu visits him back.

One of the first things his little brother said to him when he knew he wasn't moping over Yeonjun anymore was that he knew Beomgyu wouldn't keep such a thing from him, chuckling mischievously. Beomgyu pouted before his lips betrayed him and he smiled.

Of course he wouldn't, they tell each other almost everything... remember?

And regarding Yeonjun's parents' house, there's a cycle of endless convincing. First, Beomgyu convinces Yeonjun to use some of earnings to stop the eviction—arguing that he wouldn't have earned what he did if it wasn't for Yeonjun's help—and then the elder has to convince his mother.

Yeonjun was right, his mother is incredibly stubborn and controlled by guilt when it comes to accepting money. Even from her own son it was a hassle getting her to accept it. Yeonjun eventually put his foot down and said for her to take it and that he wants her to because it's his house too, the one he grew up in, and he doesn't want to lose it.

But it worked in the end and time seemed to be moving fast.

Five days before Christmas, the couple are at Yeonjun's parents' house. His mother ( Hyeon-Nam, she said her name is) sits them down at the dining room table with a box of arts and crafts, insisting they help her with her Christmas cards and make their own while they're here.

"Mom, people don't give each other cards anymore," Yeonjun says through a pout as he sticks a sequin where she instructed him to.

Beomgyu looks up at him from where he's gluing a cut out of a tree onto the card he's constructing, a small smile on his lips. Yeonjun's far from happy, sulking at his mother who turns at him and gently slaps his shoulder.

"What do you mean? You used to take them into class every year as a kid!" She points at the unmade cards on the table, blank sheets of white, voice high with offence.

"You said it'd help me make friends!"

Beomgyu snickers quietly to himself, eyes flickering between the pair. Yeonjun resembles his father more than his mother, but it's clear who he gets his temperament from.

Speaking of, Yeonjun's father, Gil-Sung, appears from his room, walking towards the table they're all sat at. He's a lot healthier now, face a nice tan instead of a sickly pale and his bubbly personality returned.

The eldest of them gestures vaguely for Beomgyu to shuffle his chair over so he can pull out the one next to him and then takes a seat once he does, exhaling as he examines the mess in front of them.

"Here," Hyeon-Nam breaks from her debate with Yeonjun to hand her husband a card, pointing a finger at the card then him. "You can make the Lees' a card since you haven't made up with Sara's husband yet."