022

Yeonjun opens the fridge only to find it almost completely empty. His fingers dance, tapping the door of the refrigerator as he sighs in disappointment. He swears it was only the other day Beomgyu went out to do the shopping.

"The fridge is empty," he says blankly, peering behind him where Beomgyu sits on one of the kitchen stools with a pen in his hand. He's biting the inside of his cheek as he tries to interpret Yeonjun's idea into his work.

He's been like that for the past two days. It doesn't matter where he is, he's sitting with a pen and paper, drawing and blotting down ideas as he tries to figure out what design he wants to collaborate with.

He's thinking smartly, which ones are likely to accept his offer and which ones will decline. (Realistically, few would decline such a great offer but he's being careful.)

In return for his smart thinking, comes an internal debate and the inability to decide. It also means he's blocking out his surroundings and bluntly replying to Yeonjun.

"Okay, what am I supposed to do about that?" He sighs, clicking the top of his pen so he can begin scribbling notes on a photo he'd modelled and then printed.

"Magic up some food, Magic Man." Yeonjun shrugs and points his index finger at the fridge like he really thinks Beomgyu can do that. He doesn't but Beomgyu's being dry so he takes joy in being able to irritate him.

Beomgyu looks at him and squints like he's trying to figure him out, eyeing him up and down then focusing on his face. Yeonjun doesn't move an inch under his gaze, even holds his breath so Beomgyu can't tell if he's being serious or not.

"Please don't tell me that's a new nickname." He decides to say, turning back to his work and lifting up a sheet to look at the one under it. He's so dismissive. Yeonjun almost finds it funny.

"Only if you want it to be," he jokes, closing the fridge as he walks over to Beomgyu. He places his hands in his pockets as he eyes the sheet from over Beomgyu's shoulder.

Then he takes a deep breath and slides in front of Beomgyu to block him from his work. Beomgyu's eyes fall on him, big like a deers and his mouth forms a startled pout.

"What?" he questions hesitantly, wondering if Yeonjun can see the heat on his cheeks or if it's all in his head.

"Can my rich, fake boyfriend give me money so I can buy us food in otherwise we'll starve to death."

Beomgyu pouts, no longer out of shock and then rolls his eyes. "Take my card." He dismisses with a wave of his arm and shoves Yeonjun out of his way, leaning back on the kitchen table and scanning his work papers.

"Okay~ See you soon Magic Man." He uses the nickname just to be annoying and then disappears to fetch Beomgyu's card.

He doesn't actually know where it is so he'll have to do some rifling, though he'll end up asking Beomgyu where it is instead.

.•° ✿ °•.

Yeonjun takes a metal basket on his way into the shop. He's greeted by automatic doors and two guards occupying them. He pretends not to notice them, head turning in either direction as he takes in the building.

The floors tiled and coloured red and white, it reminds him of the old local shop near where he used to live. He used to pick a colour and only step on that way while his mother urged him to hurry up and stop getting in people's way.

He hasn't changed much, choosing to step on the red ones and missing the white tiles until he remembers he's here to actually buy things and focuses on that instead.