024

While Yeonjun drives them home, with the usual hand resting on Beomgyu's thigh, the latter is on Yeonjun's phone, watching videos of him dancing.

"You really are amazing!" Beomgyu exclaims, turning to look at Yeonjun who grins massively but doesn't take his focus off of the road.

"I'm serious!" Beomgyu insists, and honestly Yeonjun doesn't need him to, he knows he's great, but he loves the compliments no less. "...I want to learn how to dance better," Beomgyu mutters with a pout, his eyebrows furrowed as he swipes off of the app he's using and goes onto the search engine.

He's surprised it isn't something dirty that he accidentally lands on, instead it's a page about interesting panda facts and Beomgyu huffs in amusement but keeps his mouth closed.

"Oh! And guess what else!" It's safe to say the dancing has given Beomgyu endless amounts of energy. Yeonjun thinks this could be his favourite version of Beomgyu—except from the confident one that flirts with him with no shame, that one's grew on him too.

"I think you've accidentally taught me how to be more confident around people because I was able to talk to this guy, Kenji, without being so closed off!" Beomgyu pulls something from his pocket and holds it between his fingers as he shows the folded paper to Yeonjun.

Yeonjun glances at him briefly and his brows lower in burdened curiosity. "What's that?"

"He gave me his number!" Beomgyu exclaims before adding, "I don't plan on messaging him until after our contract ends but I've never manages to click with someone like that from the first time meeting. I mean- -I know that doesn't necessarily mean I'll like him like that but, what if I do-" Beomgyu pauses and glances at Yeonjun with parted lips as if the elder might answer.

Yeonjun says nothing, scratching the side of his head and focusing on the road.

"I'll get to be with someone I've grown to love rather than someone my parents want me to be with!"

When Yeonjun finally goes to speak, he's cut off by a notification on his phone. Beomgyu looks down at it and is surprised to see Yeonjun has his alerts on for the news—But it's the headline that catches his attention.

*Hier Choi Beomgyu of the Choi Company Rumoured to be Dating Mystery Man.*

Beomgyu blinks three times before he collects his thoughts and clicks on the notification. He gulps down hard as he waits for the article to load.

He begins reading the article as it first explains that the relationship between the two was seen to be on a level of friendship to start with. But over time, as the two were spotted together more, the media started to suspect otherwise.

As he scrolls, the paragraphs explaining the situation are separated by photos. The first one being of the time they were eating sandwiches on the way back to his parents' house, he's wearing a turtleneck specifically to cover the hickey on his neck and Yeonjun's wearing shades despite it not being that sunny because he insisted that they were fashionable.

He suspects they'd chosen that photo to go first because as the photos continue they look less like 'just friends'. Likely a tactic to keep people roped into the story as they think they develop a time frame of their relationship gradually growing.

There's another two photo joined together to make one—apart from a thin line that shows they're separate photos—it's of them attending a party together. In the first half of the image, Beomgyu's frowning as Yeonjun stretches his arms out above his head. The next is Yeonjun grinning at Beomgyu while he looks flustered, Hueningkai's in it too but it's only the back of his head.