026

In the morning, Yeonjun heads straight to the kitchen—in some serious need of some cereal to appease his grumbling stomach.

He stops in his tracks when he sees Beomgyu in the living room, sitting on the sofa while playing on his phone. They both exchange judgemental glances, still on bad terms, then Yeonjun dismisses him and silently makes his way to the kitchen.

He's surprised rest hasn't made Beomgyu willing to sort out their little spat, Beomgyu seems like the type to sleep his anger away, apparently not. Though Yeonjun's intention was to piss him off enough to make him not easily forgiven so maybe it worked.

Yeonjun opens one the cabinets and grabs a bowl, quickly fishing a box of cereal out from its place without being picky about which one it is. He ends up with cheerios, his least favourite type of cereal, but he doesn't have it in him to complain so he sighs and shuffles to the fridge.

Turns out there's no milk. Yeonjun's not about to commit a crime and eat them with water, so he resorts to what he used to do up until the age of fourteen... eat them dry.

He slams closed the refrigerator door and grabs his sad bowl of dry cheerios. He makes his way into the living room and huffs as he takes a seat on one of the single chairs.

Beomgyu doesn't so much as glance up at him but he does give an annoyed huff to express his displeasure with the fact Yeonjun's in the room with him.

"What time is Beom-Jae coming?"

Beomgyu draws out the silence because he really doesn't want to speak to Yeonjun right now and the idea of giving him the silent treatment is all too tempting.

"...Well?" Yeonjun raises his eyebrows and he presses Beomgyu for an answer, annoyance already hinting in his voice.

He isn't really angry, just disappointed. He's manipulating Beomgyu to get a certain reaction from him just because he doesn't want him involved in taking the blame and poor Beomgyu thinks he's genuinely annoyed at him for caring.

He wishes he could tell him the truth but that
goes against the whole reason they're in this situation, so he keeps his mouth shut on that subject and continues to act like a dick.

"Are you going to give me an answer or what?" he snaps, placing his cereal on the coffee table in front of him. Beomgyu looks up at him from his phone, lowering his brows in disappointment.

"Is there any need to treat me like this?" Beomgyu sighs and his phone drops in his hand as his grip loosens on it. He searches Yeonjun's hardened face for an answer but doesn't find one, he didn't really expect to.

Behind his hardened face, Yeonjun's heart aches. The disappointment in Beomgyu's eyes is heartbreaking, he didn't realise how close he'd became to Beomgyu until this moment, when arguing with him feels like losing a long-time friend.

He holds up his facade and huffs, tone low but stern. "Give me an answer Beomgyu." Yeonjun leans his body forward as he rests an elbow on his thigh and pinches his nose.

"Yeonjun- -I didn't do anything wrong- -Being concerned for you isn't wrong, it's-"

"I'm going for a walk." Yeonjun raises to his feet.

If he listens to Beomgyu like this, when his voice is threatening to break, his facade will drop in seconds and he'll be rushing out a string of apologies as he explains why he'd really treat him this way. All he has to do is hold off and he can tell him after he's done talking to his past employers.

"Yeonjun–" Beomgyu follows him, standing on his feet too.

"I'll take myself if I need to... I want it over with already." That and the whole 'argument' he's having with Beomgyu.