033

When the movie ends, the two talk for a while and it somehow ends up with Yeonjun opening up about his childhood.

"I decided I didn't want to be insecure with myself because of some bullies bringing me down for my own personal gain and I slowly taught myself to love myself again." Yeonjun shrugs, his right hand grabbing a fistful of sand and letting it seep out the gaps of his grip. He looks towards the ocean as he speaks and Beomgyu can tell by that that this is something deep he's felt comfortable sharing with him.

The younger pouts, both sympathetic and annoyed. Yeonjun's mother showed him his childhood pictures, how could anyone want to hurt such an innocent-looking boy?

Yeonjun brings his attention back to Beomgyu and says, "now people think I come off too strong because of my confidence but I don't care. I like who I am now and I'm not letting those insecurities come back and change me into someone I'm not." He pouts.

Then he decides to ease the tension. "And if I wasn't comfortable with myself, I would never have met you," he says with a goofy grin, then playfully puckers his lips at Beomgyu.

The younger rolls his eyes and quickly pushes away before standing to his feet to hide his blush from Yeonjun.

The line was corny, he's aware, but apparently corny lines work on him when he likes someone the way he does Yeonjun. He brushes any possible sand from his pants and sighs, staring at the ocean.

"Want to go for a swim?" he suddenly asks, glancing down at Yeonjun, surprising them both.

Before he met Yeonjun, the last thing he would've done was go in the water. He wasn't a boring person—despite how rarely he ventured outside—but he was more the type to sit and guard every-bodies belongings rather than take a dip in the water. He would watch longingly but there was always something holding him back.

Yeonjun makes him more spontaneous.

He blames it on how unpredictable the latter is and how many times he's taken him off-guard. Yeonjun's been unpredictable since the day he met him; sauntering into the café with poise and flirting with him shamelessly, sticking up for him when his father tried to force the marriage upon him, their first kiss outside the restaurant.

From the very start, he's indulged Beomgyu on a life different from the one that was planned for him. He stopped following what he knew—what is practically innate to him—and joined Yeonjun's journey of impulsivity.

And despite the crazy boy's manner of doing what he likes and flirting with everything else, he proved to be so much more than that.

Funny, intelligent, caring.

He treats Beomgyu like no one else does.

Like when Yeonjun invited him to his parent's house last minute because Beomgyu's own parents had stressed him out, or when he eats his slightly cold toast and eggs because Beomgyu's been practicing so hard, and he doesn't want him to be disappointed; or the dumber of times, when Yeonjun purposefully argued with him so that Beomgyu wouldn't stop him dealing with his past employers alone, then returned with flowers at the end of the day to apologise.

He doesn't treat him like some delicate flower than needs doting over, but at the same time, he knows when Beomgyu needs someone. Someone who won't say anything but will hold him close until he feels better. And he listens when it's necessary too, listens until Beomgyu is sure his ears are close to bleeding and does so without complaint. Then offers advice or a solution when Beomgyu's done ranting.

So, while asking, "want to go for a swim?" sounds like a normal thing to say, a normal thing with no deeper annotations, for Beomgyu it's not. The question is tied to a boy who's made an impressive impact on his life in such a short amount of time.