042

Next the your guide brings them to Haudalakur where the geysirs scattered across the land give off hot tendrils of mist, melting the soft blankets of snow and revealing the short, green grass beneath it.

It's warmer here, and Beomgyu is less bothered by the winter conditions as he approaches the main attraction. He winces as the geyser erupts several feet in the air, then plummets back to the ground and leaves a cast of white fog in it shadow.

He pulls out his camera to capture the next eruption and again listens to Magnus's recall of facts about the place.

Yeonjun slowly wanders around, searching for the perfect sights to snap a photo of and admiring the lands that stretch out for miles.

The sun—a chilly white during winter—hangs high in the sky, rays stretching out until they reach the ground. Hot geysirs around bubble and some spray, none quite as powerful as the main geyser, Strokkur, which reaches a fascinating height of 130 feet on some occasions. In the distance, rests a tall mountain, said to be great for spotting reindeer.

Yeonjun takes pictures of it all, savouring as many memories of it on his phone in case his memory cannot do the place justice.

The trip to the second destination doesn't last as long, travelling back to the bus after less than an hour so that the group can eat before going to the final destination of the Golden Circuit Tour.

The final place is Gullfoss, home to a magestic waterfall that stretches out for miles, carrying blocks of broken ice along its trail. This environment understandably colder compared to the last one.

Yeonjun's hands are red raw and freezing because of the sub-zero temperature, and yet he refuses when Beomgyu offers him his gloves back, suffering at the younger's dispense without a single word of complaint.

Beomgyu frowns remorsefully. He's normally good at packing, but he was in such a rush making sure everything was perfect for Yeonjun that he forgot to pick them up from where he'd dumped them on the unit. But to repay the elder, he grips his hand in his and rubs his other hand down the back of it to warm him up. Yeonjun glances down at him, slowly smiling at him gratefully.

They stare out at the horizon and come to an accord: This is the prettiest out of the three places. Snow stretches out for miles, colour a striking contrast from the deep blue of the waterfall. It appears like glitter under the sun's spotlight, sparkling in a thousand different spots with every small eye movement.

The rush of water serves for a beautiful white noise, and Beomgyu hums contently as it plummets to a depth he fails to determine. He shuts his eyes and lets the sound take over, muscles relaxing and sun warming his cold face.
It could lull him to sleep.

The move further on and delve inside an icecap tour that may or may not have been a small detour from the original one, permitted by Magnus, and Yeonjun jokes about it being Mumble's home.

Then they all head back to the bus, clamber onto it, and sit for a much longer journey back to their hotel.

.•° ✿ °•.

On the third day of the trip, they head down to the Blue Lagoon after breakfast, cleaning off as necessary before going in the waters.

Yeonjun helps Beomgyu condition his hair because it's recommended for those with longer hair and Beomgyu's been growing his out lately, he doesn't want to ruin it and have to cut it because of the silica in the water.

Then once ready, they're in the lagoon, relaxing in the smooth, blue waters with their face masks on, leaning back in the water whilst being mindful not to get their hair in.