036

Yeonjun leaves Beomgyu without looking back.

The confession left his mouth before his mind could process what was being said. He was supposed to say he didn't want his money, not tell Beomgyu how he feels about him when he knows they'd never work.

How could he give Beomgyu what he deserves? Beomgyu's close friends and family weren't shy about questioning what good he is for Beomgyu, and Yeonjun agrees with them.

He isn't smart, not like Beomgyu is, he hasn't got money to shower him with gifts to show his appreciation that way, and he's a coward. He's been scared to tell Beomgyu how he felt ever since he started liking him and instead used every opportunity he had to remind himself their relationship was fake.

All those reminders of it being a fake relationship or them not being boyfriends wasn't Yeonjun joking around for fun, it was to stop his mind and heart racing into a frenzy where he convinces himself that there's a possibility things are real between them and not something concocted by his own delusions.

And if it what they had was more than Yeonjun's delusions, sadly, Yeonjun still agrees with everyone around Beomgyu.

He has nothing to offer Beomgyu. Everyone around the pair can see that. It's something he's insecure over, because at the end of the day, he'll never be good enough. He's not that missing piece that makes Beomgyu whole—the best version of himself.

He's the one that comes a long for a little while until the young millionaire is ready to settle down with the love of his life. He's a page in a story at most.

So, it seems, as much as Yeonjun tells himself he gave up on being insecure after being bullied, he hasn't. Beomgyu's judgemental friends and family reignited those doubts he left behind all those years ago with a glance alone. He can't escape it no matter how far away in the back of his mind he buries it, the feelings resurfaces like the bad memories.

He isn't strong enough to keep this whole lie uk now that he confessed. He's going to end it here.

Yeonjun bumps his back off the door frame, arms crossed over his chest as he watches his parents with watery eyes. His mother holding his father's hand while her other shakes with her tea in her hand, she turns her head towards Yeonjun when she hears the light thud of his back colliding with the door frame.

He bats his eyes free of tears as she stares at him silently and sniffs once as he straightens up.

"Where's Beomgyu?" she says barely above a whisper, turning back to her husband where she adjusts the blanket over his body.

Yeonjun stiffens.

She glances at her son with one of those knowing looks that Yeonjun fears. Not because it's mean, but because it's the exact one she uses whenever she's caught him out for something he's done wrong. Last time she gave him that look he'd got suspended from school for a week and was on day five of his 'free holiday' when his mother came home not too pleased.

"What did he mean when he said final payment, Yeonjun?" She meets his guilty eyes for good this time, that motherly disappointment on her face.

Yeonjun's mouth drops open and he stutters. He can't think of a suitable way to explain to his mom what's going on between the two. How exactly do you explain to your mom you fake-dated someone so they didn't have to get married and then fell for the same person who doesn't want a relationship?

Oh- -and not to forget the fact Yeonjun will never be good enough for the person either.

His mother wouldn't help if she knew the truth, she'd tell him he's good enough for anyone and then cave as soon as she found out he was a millionaire, because like Yeonjun, she doesn't think she's good enough for the wealthy.