037

Yeonjun and his mom help his dad into the house, stealing him with an arm around his back when he almost stumbles back a few steps.

His dad's a lot better now, legs a little weak since he hasn't been walked in a while but besides that he insists he's great.

Yeonjun slides a stray envelope under the doormat when his eyes land on one that looks particularly dreadful, they've been doing their best to avoid receiving one of those. Times caught up with them, it seems.

His parents' don't need that stress added onto everything else they've got going on, he'll deal with it himself later, once his parents are in bed. Which will probably be soon because they got back late and old people tend to go to bed early.

It's been a little over two weeks since Yeonjun packed all his things and moved back in with his parents—he gave up his own apartment while he lived with Beomgyu because it saved him money that he thought would've lasted him a lot longer that it has. Or will, because he knows he's going to use it trying to keep this house.

That envelop can give them a final warning or evict them but he'll still fight for his home, he grew up here and his parents love this place, there's no way he's letting them lose it. He'll tie himself to the house itself if he has to.

He could use the money Beomgyu paid him after he said he didn't want it, but it feels wrong to touch it. Sometimes he just sits there and stares at the amount in his bank, it'd be with astonishment if the guilt of it didn't eat him alive.

He remembers a time when all Beomgyu was to him was a pay cheque. Simpler times.

It was easier then, to sit there and think of all the things he could do with it. Like go on holiday, buy off his house so that his parents didn't have to worry, but a private jet. Granted he didn't know how much he would be getting, but this is too much. He's not ungrateful, Beomgyu's done a lot for him and still paid him despite providing for Yeonjun the entire they lived together.

Yeonjun was basically a squatter, living in Beomgyu's apartment without paying a dime.

If he hadn't fallen for him, he'd look back at the memory fondly, even boast to himself how he'd managed to land that job with a single photo and what he can now see as the most cringe-worthy bio ever.

But Yeonjun did fall for Beomgyu, he doesn't know when the feelings first started to bloom, he just remembers the day he felt like he'd been hit by a freight train of fondness as he watched Beomgyu playing games with him and his
family. He knew then that he liked him, and he knew the feeling definitely wasn't new because of how overwhelming the emotion was.

Beomgyu's hard not to fall for when you get to know him. From a glance, he's pretty, well-poised, and confident. Getting to know him is a whole different experience of luck and one Yeonjun got to witness—and give up.

He sighs, breaking out of his thoughts and finding that he and his mom have led his dad to his parents room. His mother pulls back the bedding so that her husband can slide in and pulls it over him once he's done grumbling in pain.

She nags at him to be careful and fluffs his pillow before shaking her head at him with a sigh and making her way to her side.

Yeonjun waits for them to get comfortable before he says goodnight and switches the light off for them, guessing that's been left for him to do since they're both in bed.

He closes the door to their bedroom that's leads straight out to their kitchen and his eyes land on the fridge. He approaches it, scanning over all the images and drawings stuck to it with a magnet.