003

The long-awaited day has arrived, Beomgyu's worst nightmare: the day he introduces Yeonjun to his parents as his boyfriend.

He's a little worried Yeonjun will refuse to wear the suit he'd bought because he's learned recently that Yeonjun can be stubborn, especially when a part of himself is challenged.

Apparently, fashion is a big joy of Yeonjun's too, so him nervously biting his nails couldn't be faulted when his single life could be on the line depending on whether he listens or not.

A knock of the passenger side's window breaks him out of his trance, he shivers in surprise before his wide eyes calm down, landing on Yeonjun.

Yeonjun pulls open the door, getting in with a shiver as he sits down. It's a cold day and he's been trying to find Beomgyu's car for the past ten minutes.

"I'm so glad this was your car," Yeonjun admits with a thankful whisper, hitting his head off the passenger seat. He then tilts his head in Beomgyu's direction. "I knocked on the wrong one earlier and I think the poor woman thought I was either going to kidnap her or rob her." Yeonjun chuckles softly but Beomgyu can sense his embarrassment when admitting this. "Or both..." He shrugs, too confident to be embarrassed for long.

Beomgyu barely listens to what he's saying, completely taken away by the change in demeanour. Only yesterday Yeonjun was sitting next to him in a bright pink crop top and raggedy pants, whereas now he looks like a hot mafia boss in his black suit fitted with a sheer black top underneath. His pink mullet is styled to shape his face prettily.

Beomgyu is on the verge of daydreaming about him ravaging those plump lips that move despite him paying no attention. He's so handsome for no reason at all, but Beomgyu hasn't felt butterflies in his stomach before. Something about the rings fitted on Yeonjun's fingers awakens them in him like crazy, staring at the veins in his hands as he continues to take Yeonjun in.

"Hello, Gyu? Gyu... you're drooling." Yeonjun waves his hand in front of Beomgyu's face, bringing him back to his senses with a little jump. Eyes blinking hard once before staring at Yeonjun in shock.

Beomgyu wipes his mouth with a handkerchief, clearing his throat.

"Y'know, darling. I should really be the one driving. Are you going to be able to concentrate when someone who looks as good as me is going to be sitting right beside you?"

Beomgyu rolls his eyes. "I think I'll be just fine."

"Really? Because as soon as I sat down you were drooling at the sight of me." The corner of Yeonjun's mouth tug into a proud smirk, looking at Beomgyu through the rear-view mirror.

Beomgyu sighs, dropping his hands off the steering wheel he'd gripped only seconds before.

"Fine... but not because you're right!"

"Blah, blah, blah! All I hear is you're right!" Yeonjun opens the car door quickly, running around the other side and waiting for him to get out.

Beomgyu would've found that funny if he wasn't the victim of his immaturity.

He huffs, stepping out of the car, and is quickly pulled towards Yeonjun who pecks him on the forehead before letting go to get in the car.

When Beomgyu hops in the car, the blush on his face has settled into a complimentary pink. "You really don't need to kiss me every time we get in the car." His voice is quieter than intended, and his eyes find Yeonjun's glistening with mischief on pride.

He loves having such an effect on Beomgyu.

"Why darling? I thought you liked it given how pink your face gets."

"No!"

Yeonjun grins at the boy who glares at him, he's too cute. He'd love to tease him more but sadly they have a time limit. He starts  the car, stealing glances at the other from time to time and imagining his pouty lips on his. He'd cup his face and massage circular motions onto his apple cheeks.

.•° ✿ °•.

They arrive earlier than expected and for the second time, Beomgyu is surprised at how well Yeonjun drives considering he gives off a reckless persona. He's still alive and so want fear for his life when Yeonjun drives him, which is good.

He feared for his life the first time but that was because of all the comments Hueningkai had drilled into his head.

Speaking of Hueningkai, he's the first to greet them upon their arrival, bringing Beomgyu into a big hug and whispering not-so-quietly to Beomgyu, "so this is the guy from FBFH?"

"Hueningkai, please. Shut. Up," he says through gritted teeth as people walk past. He gives them a small wave turning his grit into a warm smile.

Yeonjun chuckles, leaning in closer to Beomgyu. "I see he knows our secret, darling." Both his voice and eyes fill with an amusement similar to Hueningkai's.

"Darling? Damn, Hyung. Your relationship has developed more than I expected." Kai arches a brow, lips threatening to tug into another smirk.

"Please, that's nothing..." Yeonjun scoffs, waving his arm at him in a 'psch' manner. "You should've seen how he was drooling over me earlier." Yeonjun's eyes meet Beomgyu's as he tells Kai proudly about the incident.

He hates the idea of these two menaces becoming friends, he'll never escape the endless taunts and teases. They've only just met and yet he's already at his limit for how much of these two together he can handle.

"I didn't drool, you liar." Beomgyu gets defensive quickly, raising his voice and making the guests turn their head in his direction.

He bows his apologies along with a mutter of the word 'sorry' on repeat. He's disappointed in himself, and the two near him for not behaving.

When he straightens up, he glares at Yeonjun as a warning to behave but finds the elder's head stuck in the direction opposite of Beomgyu. What he finds makes Beomgyu slap Yeonjun on the arm. Now Yeonjun meets his glare, his own eyes wide in surprise and a hand rubbing his arm.

Hueningkai's attention is still on the two, his amusement only increasing as he witnesses Beomgyu scold his fake boyfriend.

"What? I didn't do anything wrong, princess?" Yeonjun pouts.

"Rule number one."

"I wasn't–"

"Then what about her?" Beomgyu points subtly in the direction of the woman Yeonjun has had his eyes glued on.

He smirks, turning his head towards Beomgyu as he pulls him closer by the waist and cups his face with his hand. The latter, with a startled stare, remains unmoving.

"I'm only admiring her because she's beautiful, darling." Yeonjun presses a kiss to Beomgyu's forehead, pulling away to look him in the eyes.

"That counts as cheating."

Yeonjun arches his brow, curious as to how far this jealousy extends and also feeling the tease about it on the tip of his tongue. "How could it be cheating, I never said I wanted her." He removes his other hand from Beomgyu's face, putting it on the other side of his waist instead.

There's something about the way Yeonjun says that paired with the small squeeze of his waist, that had Beomgyu blushing like mad, he turns his face away so Yeonjun can't see.

"Teh... come on, we have a show to put on."

Beomgyu's hands make their way to the back of Yeonjun's neck so he can play with the ends of his hair.

Yeonjun hums. "Confidence looks good on you Choi Beomgyu."

"This is adorable and all, but can you guys stop flirting in front of me now?" Hueningkai sips of his newly acquired drink, looking at them both with expectant eyes.

Beomgyu's widen in horror, pushing away from Yeonjun immediately and adjusting himself. His white suit feels tighter on his skin now and he has to pull at the sleeves and the collar of his shirt to find comfort.

Yeonjun isn't affected by Hueningkai's comment, eyes already scanning the crowd for something worth admiring which is rudely abrupted by Beomgyu pulling him away from the venue.

"Where are you dragging me?" Yeonjun glances around, putting up barely any fight against Beomgyu's hold. "Did our little moment get you that worked up?" Yeonjun smirks, suddenly changing to wall fast.

"What? No!"

Yeonjun frowns in disappointment, huffing. He has needs and it's so hard to follow these rules when they need to be met. He'll just focus on something else for now. "Where are we going then?"

"Choi Beomgyu-ssi," one of his family's assistants call out. "Your family have requested your presence. Your brother is already with them and waiting."

With the argument forgotten because of the request, Beomgyu turns to him, ordering him to follow him and further pulling him to the place he knows his family will be waiting.

When they reach the door, Beomgyu pauses and Yeonjun chooses to speak up, using the smart side of his brain for once.

"Should I come in with you, prince?"

Beomgyu shakes his head, hand wrapping around the doorknob carefully. Yeonjun nods in response, finding himself nervous and holding his breath despite him being freed from having to enter too.

Beomgyu takes in a breath then exhales deeply until the very depths of his lungs are emptied. With that, he opens the door, facing his family for the first time in years.

His younger brother, Taehyun, is pouring himself a drink at the minibar when the sound of the door opening catches his ears. He looks up, spots his Hyung and immediately breaks out into a grin.

Beomgyu matches his expression, giving his brother a quick hug as the younger approaches with open arms.

While his head rests on his younger brother's shoulder, he spots his mother. She's an eloquent woman with her hair in a bun and a long gown in the colour of gold, it compliments her well, clinging to her where necessary. For someone over fifty, she doesn't look a day over her late 20s. She always tells her two sons that a good diet and proper hydration will do that to a person. It never works  in convincing Beomgyu to eat his vegetables.

Behind his mother is a tall man with hair turning grey. He's talking to a stranger but is cut off from the conversation at the sound of footsteps and Taehyun's greeting.

Unlike his brother and his mother, his father doesn't mile at him. This successfully increases Beomgyu's nerves by about ten million percent.

"Beomgyu, won't you greet your parents?"

Beomgyu wants to roll his eyes, he's been in the room all but five seconds and is already being nagged for not speaking up faster than the flash can run.

When it comes to his father, Beomgyu can only obey, abandoning any snarky comments that come to his mind and smiling with a sigh.

After walking over to his mother, he kisses her on the cheek, bowing to his father instead to show respect. His mother tells him how beautiful he's grown up to be and not shying away from her vanity while doing so. "You get that from me," she states.

Beomgyu forces a smile, hands going behind his back to show formality and respect. "Thank you, I've tried my best to mature within these past few years."

His dad has to break the compliment by deeming it not enough, Beomgyu argues while remaining calm against it. He's improved stocks significantly while his parents were away, and a silly mistake is nothing compared to that one positive alone.

Taehyun agrees. "He really has been trying, dad. Some nights he doesn't sleep, some days he barely eats, he concentrates that deeply, only realising the days are almost at an end when you physically drag him away from his work."

His dad goes back to complimenting him, something along the lines of 'you're doing well,' and 'you're so responsible,' but Beomgyu allows it to become white noise because he knows that he won't finish on a positive note.

"Still, you can do better."

Called it...

"Behind every great man, there's a woman. By finding someone who can support your efforts, you can grow even better than you are right now. Achieve your ultimatum." His father moves aside, revealing a woman.

A pretty woman indeed with long black hair, big eyes, a beauty spot next to her lip and fair skin. Even her body is blessed by the gods with curves perfected like an art. God, Yeonjun would have a field day feasting his eyes on her like the perverted playboy he is.

"This son is Aisha. Your bride-to-be. Her parents were unable to make it today, caught up with business but Aisha was able to show. Once we discuss the marriage details, you'll see all three of them a lot more."

Beomgyu's eyes are wide, even though he already knew about it, hearing it from his dad feels entirely different than accidentally finding out. It's much more alarming and real than he expected.

"We'll allow you two to get to know each other." His dad nods at Aisha, sparing her a smile with his hand gently on her shoulder.

"Actually, no. I can't do that..."

The smile on his dad's face drops, his hand falling from Aisha's shoulder and turning back around to face Beomgyu.

"What?" His dad scoffs. "What do you mean you can't?"

"I can't marry her, Dad!"

"You will!" His dad laughs mirthlessly, fear in Beomgyu increasing with every second but he won't back down.

"I don't want to dad! I'm not marrying her!" He feels bad completely disregarding the girl's feelings while he shouts at his dad. His mother tries to calm him and get him to see his dad's point of view.

Beomgyu's eyes flicker to Taehyun who looks taken aback by the fact Beomgyu is rejecting their father's wishes.

"Beomgyu! You say you're responsible, yet you won't take responsibility and do this for our company."

"Dad, you can't use that against him. It's not fair..." Taehyun speaks up, finding his courage after watching his big brother argue stubbornly with their dad.

"I can't marry her!"

Beomgyu quickly walks towards the door, ignoring his dad's rising anger about how he will not go against his orders. Before he opens the door, his mother places her hand carefully over his, assuming he's going to storm off.

"Your fathers right, Beomgyu." She smiles softly, hoping to comfort him. "You need someone who will watch over you and guide you when needed while doing your job. Like how I help your father."

Beomgyu removes her hand from his, looking at her as he opens the door, revealing Yeonjun who has his hand on the doorknob himself.

Turns out he was about to turn it and crash the whole commotion when Beomgyu did that for him. He almost stumbles—which he would've died over if that actually happened in front of a family like this—catching himself and straightening out his suit blazer.

"Who's this?" Beomgyu's dad arches a brow and scoffs in disgust at the male who rudely interrupted them (even if it was intentionally done by Beomgyu and not really Yeonjun's fault).

"Eh- -Sorry sir, I... I'm the reason your son can't marry her." Yeonjun steps closer to Beomgyu, holding his hand in a way that doesn't yet reveal it to his family.

If Beomgyu had time to actually notice, he would've been proud of Yeonjun for how quickly his eyes left Aisha instead of eating her alive.

"What's that meant to mean?"

Yeonjun looks back at Beomgyu, a lump in his throat that he swallows when he turns back to the middle-aged man before him.

"I'm his boyfriend."

He hears a glass smash from one side of the room and a gasp from another. Beomgyu's mother's hands shoots up to her mouth, eyes big and round.

"You're- -You're dating my son?" He stares at Yeonjun; eyes fixed on the pink hair before travelling down, sizing Yeonjun up.

"Yes, sir. I am." Yeonjun pauses, gently pulling Beomgyu forward by his hand so that their shoulder's brush. He offers him a small smile then faces Beomgyu's father again.

Beomgyu is shaking besides him, finding little— but some—comfort in the hand holding his, the more he focuses on it the more at ease he feels. It's warm against his own and lightly squeezes his when they make brief eye contact.

Beomgyu swallows, waiting for his dad to explode.

"And I'm sure you love your son very much... so don't you want to see him happy? I may not be a girl, but I'd still support him in everything he does and aim to make him the best he can be because I know how much potential he has to offer."

Beomgyu's eyes would've watered themselves if Yeonjun wasn't completely bullshitting. The older boy knows nothing about his work except that to help it he could've gotten into an unwanted relationship and that he makes good money. He has a way with words, and how sincerely he says it could've pulled at the toughest of heart strings.

Hopefully his dad has a heart, otherwise Beomgyu's going to be disowned and left to fend for himself.

✿ End of Part 3 ✿