007

"Are we there yet?"

Impatient is a painfully accurate way to describe Yeonjun. They haven't been driving for even ten minutes and he is already huffing out his after Beomgyu shakes his head at him. Beomgyu would hit him if he could to express his own impatience with Yeonjun's attitude, but he can't, Yeonjun's driving.

"It's only another five minutes, will you wait?" Beomgyu rolls his eyes, falling back into the passenger seat with an annoyed sigh and crosses arms.

"This place must be very exclusive, an apartment overlooking Seoul. He must be as rich as you." Yeonjun spares Beomgyu a glance.

"Hyuka is rich, but he doesn't pay for the apartment, his brother does."

"I don't get why I'm being dragged along, it's just a party, you don't have to take me."

"Are you forgetting the rules of our contract? We signed the yesterday!" Beomgyu looked over at Yeonjun in disbelief, he paid such little attention to what they'd gone over when it didn't involve things he wanted altered. "Besides my mom let it slip I had a boyfriend and my friends are furious I hadn't told them myself."

"So, this is basically an excuse to finally introduce me to them?" Yeonjun quirks a brow, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of them.

"Pretty much, yep." Beomgyu gives a single nod in agreement then looks out of the car window, the pout on Yeonjun's lips visible through his reflection.

"How many friends do you have?"

"Around ten maybe? Hueningkai invited our classmates so..." Beomgyu shrugs.

"That's more than I expected..." is Yeonjun's reply.

"Why do you sound worried? I thought you said you were good at socialising with people." Beomgyu turns to Yeonjun who's focusing on driving. He pouts in annoyance and furrows his brows.

"It depends on the people, but I'm quite good at bending my personality to fit others. Don't worry, your social butterfly will do his best." Yeonjun flashes a cocky smile that Beomgyu wants to erase almost as badly as he wants to throw up at the use of 'your'.

"All you have to do is introduce yourself at the very least. It's not like you have to sit and have a conversation with them all..." Beomgyu grumbles, staring at the road in front of him.

"I think that'll be hard given it's going to be a room full of people who don't believe you have a boyfriend considering I've never been mentioned before. I'm pretty sure they'll try their best to weasel the truth out of us. The smallest slip up and we're done for."

Yeonjun's right. They have to be extra careful around his friends. They know the most about him, and the use of a wrong date or poorly made lie will cause their house of deception to crumble down.

"Then charm them. You always say how great you are at winning people over. Think of it as a way to tame them, being their inner detectives by making them fall for your charm."

Yeonjun sighs. This contract has more in store for him than he'd initially expected, dealing with rich brats who don't know how to back off is going to quickly drain him.

He takes a deep breath and sighs again, all he has to do is get through this party. He can think of it as short sections of time he needs to get passed before he can leave, that'll help.

"You'll be fine, I'll be there with you to help create a believable story or stop things from becoming overwhelming. Plus, there's lots of food and beer." Beomgyu grins although the idea of lots of beer being drank by his ride home annoys him.

"I think I'll be okay as long as you're there with me..."

Beomgyu hopes he will be.

If this goes downhill, his father will surely speed up the wedding process with Aisha to make sure he doesn't do anything so out of line again. His mother will never look at him the same again. Beomgyu's sure the only relationship that won't really be damaged is the one with his brother, he'll trust him and have his back no matter what.