015

Eventually, a time comes a round in life where you have to deal with the consequences of your decisions instead of avoiding them. This exact timing has crept up on Beomgyu, and now he wonders if it's too late for him to go recluse so he can be the only exception to the whole 'deal with our problems' bullshit.

"Would it be too late to climb out of the window and run?

"Do you plan on scaling the wall too?" Yeonjun glances outside of the window with a raised eyebrow.

Beomgyu's apartment is far from the ground floor so there's no way for him to escape the family day out unless he has a bunch of secret gear used to scale walls that Yeonjun doesn't know about. Or if he's secretly spider-man.

Surprisingly, Yeonjun thinks the possibility of either is slim.

Beomgyu huffs, looking in the same direction Yeonjun had before he collects the last of his things. "I might know parkour for all you know." Beomgyu tips his chin up defiantly as he looks at Yeonjun with his bottom lip stuck out despite the fact Yeonjun doesn't look towards him.

"You don't know parkour," Yeonjun simply replies, finding the answer is a high-pitched whine that could rupture someone's eardrums.

Beomgyu's the highest maintenance when it comes to events involving his parents and Yeonjun doesn't know if he'll last a full few hours of this but he'll put in his best efforts. For the money.

Beomgyu looks around the room to distract his mind from his anxieties but it's as if the room is empty when nothing piques his interest.

Instead he succumbs to questioning Yeonjun. "Are you taking forever to purposely build up my nerves?"

He's sulking when Yeonjun finally looks at him: angry eyes landing on the elder and his pout is more screwed up than usual. He looks like he's seconds away from losing it. Though Yeonjun can't blame him, he's not excited for the day ahead either.

"No."

"Then what's taking you so long?" Beomgyu walks to one of the boxes in Yeonjun's room and kicks it. It's one of the ones he'd been too lazy to put away and instead placed it on his floor to use as a bin for the gift wrappers he wasted on Beomgyu's fake birthday.

13th March. He knows it now, though he shouldn't have to celebrate it with him if they're lucky enough to have this whole scenario played out and over with some time after new years.

"I'm just making sure I have everything I need." Yeonjun looks up at him briefly before he's pulling at his bag to check over everything in it. He pulls away and slumps it over his shoulders once he knows he does.

"Got everything?" Beomgyu raises an eyebrow, clearly not impressed with the older but when has that ever bothered Yeonjun?

"Not quite..."

Beomgyu sighs and rolls his eyes as Yeonjun walks in his direction, then his eyes go wide.

He assumed Yeonjun was going to walk past him and grab something else. So when his hand snakes around Beomgyu's waist and pulls him closer with a small smirk on his lips, Beomgyu doesn't have time to brace himself for the way his heart squeezes and the butterflies caged inside his stomach flutter.

"Now I have." His smirk tugs bigger, proudly. Always too proud of himself for making Beomgyu flustered.

Beomgyu regains himself quickly to cut Yeonjun's satisfaction short and slaps him lightly on the chest. "Shut it... C'mon, my father messaged saying they're waiting in the car."

He hadn't received a message yet but it's the first thing he'd come up with to get away from Yeonjun and hide his blush as he leads him out of the apartment and to the car park.