023

Beomgyu's sick of doing work now, he's only been doing it because of how preoccupied he's been lately with trying to make his fake relationship seem real. He's been completely neglecting his job in the meantime, but that's not something he apparently did in the year before they announced their 'relationship' so he can't keep doing it otherwise it might raise suspicion.

In order to keep the facade up, it means he has to work hard to catch up with all that he's missed, otherwise it's possible they'll realise the anomaly and discover their lie.

But he's also worked extra hard since doing so, and Yeonjun's help means new developments will be made faster than usual, so he's giving himself the well-deserved break he thinks he deserves.

Though, Beomgyu believes Yeonjun deserves a break too. Apart from the few times he intentionally bugged Beomgyu because he's bored, or the one time he escaped the house to go out and enjoy the fresh air, he's stayed quiet, letting him work.

That's why Beomgyu sighs as he abandons the last of his work on the table, he papers covered in ink with touch up notes of graphite where he's planned last minute alterations, and presses his hand against it, unintentionally sliding it along the table as he uses it to push himself out of his chair and set off into a walk.

He pauses outside of Yeonjun's room and knocks—not that there is much need when he enters after receiving no reply anyway.

"Yeonjun, what do you want to do today?" He decides to let Yeonjun decide, because like he said, the elder deserves a break too.

Yeonjun shoots his head up from his pillow, turning his attention away from the video on his phone, face written with confusion.

He only now notices the boy in his room even though Beomgyu made it all the way to the foot of his bed. He screws his lips into a pout, bottom lip slightly bigger than the top, and a quizzical eyebrow creases.

"I'm taking a break from work today, unless you don't want to do anything..." Beomgyu scratches his head, eyes shifting around Yeonjun's room.
He never considered the idea that Yeonjun might not want to do anything with him, he has his own life, who says he hasn't got other plans. Now he feels silly for assuming Yeonjun would be available.

Yeonjun sits up, cover sliding down his chest to rest at the bottom of his torso as he rises. The elder plants his hands onto the mattress, it dips a little under their weight. "I'm down for whatever you want to do, I work for you after all." Yeonjun laughs at his joke. Half-joke. It's true, he does work for him, but it isn't the entire reason he's willing to do anything. He wants out of the house because apart from the few times he's left for shopping or because he's bored, he's been cooped up inside all day and by now he's going a little stir-crazy.

Beomgyu doesn't appreciate his joke. He huffs and slumps his shoulders in response, as if the words disappoint him, keeping his eyes on Yeonjun, evidently let down.

"I'll do whatever it is you want," he tells Yeonjun, and he makes sure to say it sternly because he wants Yeonjun to know they're doing something he'll enjoy.

"I don't think you'll–"

"Yeonjun," Beomgyu cuts him off, crossing his arms over his chest and raising an eyebrow expectantly. Yeonjun feels like he's about to be scolded by his mother and he goes quiet, rolling his lips thin as he ponders the initial question.

It takes him a moment to reply, debating whether to give his real answer or something he knows Beomgyu won't frown about. "...I haven't danced in a while... Not properly." His voice is quiet when he answers, almost meek, and he dips his head into his shoulders.

Technically, he had that little dance with Beomgyu when they were at his parents but that doesn't count, that's his least favourite type of dancing and it doesn't make him feel alive. (Though, he'll admit, dancing with Beomgyu did make it a lot more withstand-able.) Yeonjun wants to feel alive. Certain genres of dance can bring him that.