045

Their official wedding is a year later, in spring, perfect for the outdoors wedding that they chose. Birds chirp in the trees not too far from the venue, the sky glistens from where it hovers in the sky behind them, casting a glint over their bodies (and Yeonjun hopes he doesn't start visibly sweating before the ceremonies over).

The grass beneath their feet is a healthy green, trimmed down to the perfect length, and the couples' backs face a border of bushes decorated with flowers behind them.

The couple stand under a flower archway in front of the rows of white chairs filled with people, separated into twos by the white carpet that serves as a runway. Their eyes meet and the classical music seems to increase for a moment, and they break out into smiles before spotting Soobin and Taehyun, the ring boys, strutting towards them.

It's no surprise the two put on a performance, dramatically throwing confetti at those sat in the crowd, switching sides every-so-often and then posing back-to-back at the end. As they reach the couple, they split off to their respective sides; Soobin with Yeonjun and Taehyun with Beomgyu.

Hueningkai appears next, throwing flower petals from his pocket as the designated flower boy—his request, not Beomgyu's—and he scatters the walkway with blue and white petals. He passes with his head held high and adds a flare to the flick of his wrist as he sprinkles the petals, strutting like the small isle is his runway.

Some guests appear confused as to why a twenty-something-year-old is the flower boy, and not one of their younger relatives, but those who know the family closely know Hueningkai is nothing but perfect for this role. He proves that with his little routine, earning a thumbs up from Eunchae and a mouthed compliment about how he's doing.

Beomgyu and Yeonjun stand proud, grins on their faces as their eyes follow Hueningkai as he walks towards them. They knew he'd be perfect for this and he didn't let them down. Putting his all into being the flower boy on their big day excites them, it reminds them of what they're here for and how the ecstatic energy of their close friend is a good sign for their relationship.

Their parents cry in their front row seats front, tissue to eyes so that those wearing makeup don't look a mess by the end of the sobbing session. The only one who isn't is Beomgyu's mother, who promised to let all her tears out before the actual ceremony. (Though Beomgyu's sure that will fall through as soon as it starts, she's cried too many times throughout this whole processes not to.)

The music drops in volume so that the Pastor can be heard clearly as he leads the pair into their vows, gesturing for them to take each others' hands as they turn to face each other.

Yeonjun starts first, letting out a shaky breath as he holds onto Beomgyu's hands. He repeats the lines the Pastor guides him along with. "I, Choi Yeonjun, take thee, Choi Beomgyu, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow."

Then Beomgyu repeats the vows, swapping their names around.

He adds, "Choi Yeonjun, marriage is a contract..." His lip quirks upwards at one side and he scoffs in amusement. "Not the type I ever thought I'd be making to you–" He grins, looking at his soon-to-be-husband with glistening eyes. Yeonjun squeezes his hand, his own eyes flitting between Beomgyu's.

A few guests laugh at Beomgyu's comment having been made aware of how their story began. Beomgyu's mother puts a hand to her chest and let out an endeared half-laugh, half-sigh, turning towards her husband.

"I thought the idea of it was absurd, falling in love with a stranger with unabashed confidence and a mischievous personality I found troublesome." Beomgyu squeezes Yeonjun's hand this time. "So, when you presented the fifth rule in our first official contract—to never fall in love—I scoffed and said it'd be easy."