034

Beomgyu scolds the man as soon as he clambers off Yeonjun's lap and scares him away, then pulls out his phone to ring Beom-Jae.

Turns out his bodyguard already knows and is on his way. He warns Beomgyu that some big news got out that he'll have to deal with while leaving the cinema, without stating what new it is. He also tells Beomgyu to wait outside his screening room for him to come and collect them because there's a ruckus at the front of the building.

Beomgyu's currently pacing back and forth, one of the employees eyeing them with concern. Yeonjun's crouched over, squatting with the pad of his thumb in his mouth and his bag against a wall.

"Why can't we get one day peace!" Beomgyu yells, combing a hand through his hair. "I swear when I found out who sold us out, I'm suing!"

Yeonjun says nothing, attention towards the employee, who he stares down with a glare until she awkwardly leaves.

"Just once we should be able to go out without people sneaking up on us!" Beomgyu continues to rant. "Did they learn nothing when you got hit and the guards started shoving them?"

Beomgyu grits his teeth and groans loudly, spinning back on his heel when he turns to lace the other way and finding that Beom-Jae's finally arrived.

Beom-Jae gestures for the two to start walking. "Let's get going," he sighs with a sad note to his voice.

.•° ✿ °•.

Outside of the cinema, the boys are bombarded with flashing lights and questions. The voices blend into one loud, uncomfortable vibration that overwhelms Beomgyu. He's almost unable to make out any of the questions...apart from one...

"Choi Beomgyu, is it true your boyfriend used to work as a Fake Boyfriend for Hire? The public have found themselves questioning the authenticity of your relationship, what do you have to say towards those in doubt?"

Beomgyu shows no emotion, he's been trained not to; to give away nothing and answer even less. He keeps his eyes trained forward.

Beom-Jae pushes through the obnoxious photographers that are trying to get close-up pictures and overstepping boundaries with further questions.

Yeonjun keeps facing the ground as he walks in the line Beom-Jae clears for them. Beomgyu doesn't reach out for his hand, something—maybe the fact they've been exposed—makes it feel wrong.

.•° ✿ °•.

The car ride home is quite and so is the journey up to Beomgyu's apartment.

As soon as they're inside, Beomgyu trudges to his room with heavy steps and slumps down onto his bed. It's too cold to be comforting and his tight clothes are no improvement but he's too exhausted to change.

He makes sure his phone is on do not disturb and doesn't bother checking whatever news outlets have spread what regarding them.

Sleeps what he wants right now, if he doesn't, he'll cry.

.•° ✿ °•.

Yeonjun is restless, unable to sleep, he has no idea what they're meant to do now that their secret is out.

He checked on Beomgyu earlier because he thought they could be tense together, but Beomgyu was snoring away when he cracked open the door, so he left without waking him.

If he's sleeping Yeonjun isn't going to wake him into a world of stress. He'll have deal with it alone.

He's reading the articles—been doing that for the past hour or so now. He's certain it was Riley that outed them. Riley is the only money-greedy person he had to deal with, and he'd definitely do this for a quick buck. Especially because that quick buck is likely to be way more than what he downplays it to be.