041

"Beomgyu!" Yeonjun pats Beomgyu's arm repeatedly until he gets his attention. "Look how far back the seat goes!" He presses a button and the seat reclines, lying flat. "It's a literal bed!"

Beomgyu chuckles at his boyfriend, who adjusts his chair back to being straight. Then he turns his head as an air hostess offers them complimentary champagne, accepting it with a small nod of gratitude and holding one out for Yeonjun.

It's the fifth of January and they're travelling to Iceland. Beomgyu wanted to book it for the very start of the new year, but Yeonjun was working then and couldn't get it off on such short notice.

(Beomgyu offered a Yeonjun a job working alongside of him, but Yeonjun refused. The café and the other employees have really grown on him, and he doesn't want to ditch it for Beomgyu's stressful line of work.)

So, they settled for the fifth, when Yeonjun, who can't decide his own off days, is free.

Yeonjun hasn't been on a plane much in his life—a total of three times altogether, this being his third—but he's never been first class and he feels a little out of place when he lifts himself up with his hands and looks around. Most people have a similar aura as Beomgyu; one that carries importance and wealth, screaming upper-class. The only ones he relates to are in the very back and are reacting similarly to him, excited over the smallest things, like a hot towel he doesn't know the usage for.

He plops himself back in his seat and stares at Beomgyu, only then realising that he's holding out a glass of wine for him and accepting it shyly.

"Thanks," he mutters, mirroring Beomgyu when he sniffs it, so he looks like he knows what he's doing.

The younger takes a sip, so he does. Reacting his usual way when the flavour meets his tongue, he grimaces and shakes his head in disgust, then spits the liquid back into the drink.

Beomgyu laughs at him to begin with, then sends him a questioning glance after he spits out the champagne. "You know you don't have to drink it, right?"

"Why do they all taste so bad?"

Beomgyu snorts in amusement, body lolling backwards from the force. "I don't know, Jun... I guess it's an acquired taste."

Beomgyu places his wine down on the stand in front of him. His eyes travel before he spots the menus and his eyes light up almost greedily, he hasn't eaten yet because of the last-minute rush of making sure everything was ready and his boyfriend was out the door. He grabs them eagerly and hand one to Yeonjun.

"Here, let's figure out what we want to eat and then we can get comfy and pick a movie to watch together."

Yeonjun accepts the menu with a grin, flipping it open and exploring the options with wondrous eyes. "There's so many things to choose from..."

Beomgyu turns his attention to Yeonjun.

"They don't offer all of this to those in Economy..." Yeonjun pouts, flipping the menu so he can read the back where the drinks are. "Can I get a sprite?"

"You can get whatever you want, baby." Beomgyu slides his own menu onto the stand, blushing at the nickname he gave Yeonjun, the words foreign on his tongue. He doesn't know how Yeonjun can say such things so naturally, every time he tries to, he ends up red in the face.

When he builds up the courage to glance at Yeonjun, the elder has a shit-eating grin on his face, and Beomgyu would've felt unsatisfied with that alone if his ears weren't also bright red.

"You're so cute," Yeonjun comments, hitting his back off the chair with a pleased grunt, eyes trained on the menu once again.

"You always say that..."