032

As soon as Beomgyu punches in the location and clips his phone into the holder so that Yeonjun can see the directions while driving, Yeonjun groans, faking his disappointment. "If you plan on taking me to that gaming café so I lose to you again, I'm out." He pouts.

A quick look from Beomgyu is all it's needed for him to note that Yeonjun's not really opposed to the idea. He grins as he stares at Yeonjun. "So now you'll admit you're a loser?"

Yeonjun spares him a disapproving glance, u willing to admit defeat now that Beomgyu's brought it to his attention. He falls quiet and Beomgyu smirks in victory because no answer is answer enough.

The drive falls into comfortable silence for a while, until a song comes on that has them both humming along. Yeonjun taps his fingers against the steering wheel as he drives and Beomgyu bobs his leg to the beat, resting the side of his cheek in his palm as he admires the outside world.

He knows this route so well he doesn't need an app to guide them there, he could do it blindfolded from describing the landscape at a specific moment alone. However, he choose to use the app because he doesn't think Yeonjun is the type to follow directions clearly, he'd probably make a wrong turn and stress them both out as he tries to solve the detour.

Beomgyu finds the thought funny. He laughs quietly to himself, a little snort rupturing through his nose and he watches Yeonjun drive, pretty side-profile on view for him.

Yeonjun catches onto it a few beats later and exhales sharply. "What?" He laughs, stopping the tapping of his fingers on the steering wheel to run a hand down his chin. "Is there something on my face?"

Beomgyu laughs shortly, closes his eyes while smiling, and shakes his head. "Just thinking of how terrible of a singer you are," he answers with a hum, innocently running his finger along the seam between the car door and the window.

Yeonjun laughs with slight offence but more amusement, a sudden want to show off his terrible vocals overwhelms him. "I think you're saying that because you know I'll sing more." Yeonjun grins at him and Beomgyu rolls his eyes, still smiling, as Yeonjun turns up the radio.

He keeps his focus mainly on the road ahead of them, occasionally flickering his eyes to Beomgyu. He uses of his hands as a microphone, singing into it passionately, and Beomgyu gives in, screaming along to the lyrics with him.

He's happy, really happy.

The last person he would've expected to make him feel like this is Yeonjun. But has a weird way of working, and his chest caves at the thought of fate bringing them to an eventual end. It's amazing how Yeonjun's never fell for anyone he's worked with, how does he not get attached.

Not that Beomgyu's fell for him, he's just fond of him a way he knows is likely to be more than that he feels for friends. And that acknowledge petrifies him.

He hadn't even liked Hyunjin this way.

He continues to sing his lungs out despite his crazed mind, choosing not to give his heart the satisfaction by acknowledging the way it jumps when Yeonjun intertwines their hands and uses them both as a microphone instead.

He places a kiss to the back of Beomgyu's hand, gentle like he's afraid he might break.

Honestly Beomgyu might, he's overwhelmed with the realisation he's recently made. Having never felt like this before, he has no idea how to regulate it. Climbing the nearest mountain and screaming at the top of his lungs sounds like the best option.

To keep him inside of the warm car for longer, the world seems to go against him and stall the traffic light, keeping it at red longer and Beomgyu closer to losing it too.