028

With time to spare, Beomgyu did some rifling through their contract and grins boastfully to himself when he finds the rules. A consequence is to be expected when rules are broken, and Yeonjun's broken all but one. With rule one, two, and three broken, Beomgyu's got to finally apply that consequence.

Beomgyu skips down the hallway with both hands behind his back, making his happy way to the game room. It's unusual to find Yeonjun in here, but he'd swore a while ago that he'd get better than Beomgyu at gaming—the progress is slow but it'll never happen anyway.

Once Beomgyu opens the oak door, he casually enters without switching the light on because he knows how frustrating it is himself. He closes the door behind him and slowly trudges over to one of the beanbags on the floor, plopping down and sinking into it slowly. The beans inside of it audibly spilling between each other like a maraca behind tipped upside-down.

Not once does Yeonjun turn to see him, so absorbed in the game Beomgyu isn't sure he knows he's in the room with him. He has Beomgyu's black headphones placed over his ears and his face is lit up a neon purple from the LED lights. He presses the controller hectically and mutters commands and curses to himself under his breath.

He level ends shortly after and he throws the controller into his lap, rubbing the heels of his palms on his eyes as he huffs.

"You suck," Beomgyu stares with a smirk on his lips and it's then that Yeonjun notices him, jumping at the voice that startles him.

Yeonjun takes off his headphones, holding them in both hands as he twists around to where Beomgyu's sitting behind him and a little to his right. The corners of his mouth curl down into a frown and his bottom lip purses out at the same time his brows lower and his eyes show offence towards his comment.

The contract rests in Beomgyu's lap, Yeonjun eyes it but makes no reference to it when he speaks, "not as much as you," he says with his only reason being out of pettiness.

Beomgyu exhales sharply through his nostrils and looks down as his lip tugs into a smirk. "Rightttt," he drags out of his word, interlacing his fingers as he sinks further into the beanbag chair.

"Willing to get on that?" It doesn't take much for Beomgyu to get distracted when the idea of gaming is wafted right above his nose, and he instantly readies himself to battle against Yeonjun.

The latter takes the bait easily, huffing in amusement as he grabs the extra controller and throws it back to Beomgyu. They haven't played together at Beomgyu's apartment yet—the extra controller's normally in Hueningkai's or Taehyun's hand, who both have a habit of losing to him.

Yeonjun goes back the the game's starting menu and clicks multiplayer and Beomgyu quickly joins, choosing his character skin. He must go for the same one each time because unlike Yeonjun who spent a good ten minutes when he first played, Beomgyu goes for his particular character with no hesitation.

"Ready to lose, Choi Yeonjun?" Beomgyu inquires as the countdown begins, a lifted brow and a cocky smirk to match.

Yeonjun looks at him and huffs with a doubtful smile before his eyes are back on the monitor screen, watching as the countdown continues down, now on six. "Only in your dreams."

.•° ✿ °•.

"And as usual, I prevail." Beomgyu crosses his arms behind his head as he stretches out in the beanbag chair with a satisfied grin on his head, watching Yeonjun as he groans dramatically and slumps in the gamer chair. All life sucked out of the elder as his body falls limp.

Their third match came to an end and it's not truly shocking to either of them that Beomgyu won every one of them. It's not hard: no matter how much Yeonjun practices, he'll never be better than Beomgyu who's had years of practice perfecting the art of gaming as a stress relief after work—and once school.