Here we go-Kid x F!Reader

*Y/N's POV*

     The Kid pirates have been docked at an island for a day now and I'm finally getting to explore it. I love the sea, I really do, but staying crammed on a boat with mostly sweaty men isn't my idea of a fun time.

      I was glad no one came with me, I could go at my own pace. Jumping from clothing stores to food vendors, sometimes I'd even stop to look at jewelry every once in a while.

      After buying a few things here and there and eating as I pleased, I decided to go for a drink. My goal isn't to get drunk, but a little shot now and then couldn't hurt.

      Opening up the double bar doors, I see my crewmates gulping down beers like there's no tomorrow.

      Oh boy, here we go.

     I don't hate my crew they're just rowdy and if they are getting drunk, I have to get drunk. I walked further into the room, looking for Heat or Ema, but I find the Captain instead.

      Immediately when I first find him all I see is red, another reason I hated drinking with them, Kid always had girls hanging off of him. Sometimes they'd even come back on board, and I'd just have to shut up and listen to him railing bitches all night.

     "Y/N, do you want to join us?" Kid's head immediately snapped my way, for a moment he almost looked guilty, but of course he quickly recovered.

     "No, I'm fine Killer, thank you. I'll be heading back to the ship." He knew and I knew that I didn't want to stick around to find out what would happen next. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes, but I didn't let them. He isn't mine, he never was. There's no reason I should be so upset.

*Kid's POV*

       I watched as Y/N left the room, "You have to stop Kid." Killer was staring at me, arms crossed and an unimpressed aura radiating from him.

      "Stop what? I ain't doin' nothin'" Grabbing another beer I started chugging.

     "You love Y/N." He said sternly.

    "I don't 'love' anyone." We glared at each other for a few minutes.

    "The more and more she see's you with random chicks, the more you push her away from you. I don't know what your goal is, but you better figure it out before she leaves for good."

     "My goal is to find the One Piece, Killer. That's all it'll ever be." I stood up abruptly and stomped out the room.

     *Sigh* "He's so in denial it physically hurts me." Killer shook his head and got back to drinking.

      I didn't have a plan as to where I was going, but I ended up back on the Victoria Punk, "So stupid, he's so stupid. Why would I-" I stopped mumbling when I hear tiny sniffles coming from the womens quarters. Y/N said she was coming back to the ship, but why was she crying?

      I turn away and try to ignore it, but my instinct is to burst through that door and comfort her. Why the fuck do I want to comfort her?

     "You love Y/N."

       Stupid Killer, I don't love her. I don't. I try to get further away from the door, but I hear a sob that was a little louder than the others and I broke. With an annoyed huff, I turn my sorry ass back around.

       Bursting through the door, she looked up at me with sad eyes, surprised by the intrusion on her privacy.

       Trying not to look at her any longer, I march over and sit on her bed semi close to her. She was sitting against the wall with a pillow shoved into her face, trying to muffle herself.

      "Over here, now." I pointed to a spot a little closer to where I was sat. She scooted over, with no complaints, tears still sliding down her cheeks.

     She let out a gasp as I pulled her into my lap, arms wrapping around her smaller form.

   "Kid-"

   "Just shut up, I'll be here until you feel better." She tried to look up at me, but I held her head on my chest. This was already embarrassing enough, I didn't need her staring at me like I was an idiot.

     She cried for a little while longer, soft cries that made my heart ache. Stupid heart. After a while she fell asleep on me and I fought the urge to lay down with her and hold her until morning, but she shared a room with all the other women and this bed wasn't nearly big enough.

     With a sigh, I laid her down and covered her up. I should've left in that moment, but I hesitated. I didn't really want to leave her all alone, especially since I didn't understand why she was crying in the first place.

      "Fuck it" I picked her unconscious body up and headed to my room. A few people had returned to the ship and I glared at anyone who came into sight. This was embarrassing, so unbelievably embarrassing.

     When I finally got to my room I locked the door and laid her gently on my bed. Covering her up once again and getting into bed with her.

      Finally I could hold her, she might be pissed with me in the morning, but honestly I don't care. I'll take it all in stride.

———
I was gonna make this lemony, but chickened out😗💃🏻