Fireworks-Ace x Grace

Before you read this, I want every one to know this is a special request for someone I already know. Any other requests will still be x reader, but since I'm also getting something in return for writing this then its special. Sorry, I'm giving special treatment :3

"Dammit!" Grace pulled at the empty string in between her fingers, "This sucks!"

"Tell me about it." Thatch realed in the tiniest fish the two had ever seen, plopping it into a bucket and throwing the line back out.

"Well, at least you're catching something." Grace huffed, "Honestly, I wish we'd just land on an island already. It's been so boring lately."

"GRAAAAAAACE!" Their heads whipped around to see Ace tumbling over barrels.

"Oh great, here comes stupid." Thatch rolled his eyes as he pulled in his line. Grace didn't bother hiding the smile that spread across her face as he struggled to get a barrel off his foot. Sure he was a little goofy at times, but he meant well.

After finally deciding to burn the barrel, Ace sat himself between Thatch and Grace. The brunette was harshly shoved to the ground by the freckle faced goon, staring at Grace lovingly.

"Marco says he see's an island ahead." Ace propped his hand on his knee, holding his head up to look at her better. "So no more dumb fishing poll." He snatched it from her hands, tossing it to the side.

          "OW! What the hell Ace?! If you wanted me to leave so bad you could've just told me!" Thatch got up with a freshly bloody nose, taking the fishing polls with him.

"Whats up his ass today?" Ace nudged Grace in the shoulder, earning himself a giggle.

"Sooooo?" Grace leant into his side.

"So, what?"

"What do you want?" Ace scoffed, pulling her closer.

"Do I have to want something to cuddle my girlfriend?" He questioned sweetly.

"No, but you usually do." Grace stared up at him, waiting for him to crack.

            "Hmmmf," it was quiet for a while as they stared at the waves slapping harshly into the ship, "There's this firework festival at the next island and I wanted to know if you'd go with me?"

            "AHA! I knew you wanted something!"

            "Just answer the question!" Ace whined.

            "Hmmmmm, no."

            "No?!"

            "Of course I'll go dummy." Poking at his sides, Ace coward away from the tickling attacks.

             "You're so mean to me sometimes."

             "Mmmhm, sure." She gave him a kiss to make up for the brutal poking.

~Timeskip to Island~

Arriving at Shin'nen Island, Grace was captivated by the beautiful colors. Everything looked like one giant celebration, it made her wonder if it looked like this year round.

            "Come on, Come on, Come on!" Ace was currently pulling at her arm, trying to drag her through the town.

            "Hold on! I wanna see everything!" She swatted him away, walking up to a food booth. "Excuse me!" She called to the guy running the stand. She could hear Ace muttering about making it to the firework show, but she ignored him. It didnt even start soon anyways. "Can I have a couple of those?"

           "Grace!"

           "What?" She answered without looking away from the food being bagged up.

           "We're gonna be late!" He pleaded.

           "The fireworks aren't even starting yet."

           "Yeah, but we have to get there early! I have a surprise for you." Ace pouted. Grabbing her bag and paying for the food, Grace turned around. A new sparkle in her eyes.

"I thought the fireworks were the surprise?"

"You deserve way more than some lame fireworks," Interlacing their fingers together, he continued, "So please can we hurry? We can check out the town tomorrow." A blush spread across his cheeks as she stared at him.

"Hmmmmm, fine. It better be a good surprise." Grace smiled, beginning to munch on the kebabs.

"Only the best for you! Now come on." He pulled her along, making his way to a more open space.

          The walk only took about ten minutes, past the town was bland. Hills and open fields were the only things that greeted them. Ace squeezed Grace's hand tightly as they hiked up a small hill.

           "It's just at the top of this." He rubbed his thumb on the back of her hand reasurringly.

At the top, there was a red blanket laid out with all sorts of different foods and snacks. Food that he definitely forced Thatch to make.

"You set up a picnic?" Grace questioned.

"Yeah! I figured this would be a good spot to watch the show and we can eat while we wait for it." A bright smile lit up on his face and she couldn't help but to smile back.

"You're so sweet Ace." Grace gave him a quick peck on the cheek and sat down. Ace, of course, wasted no time digging into the numerous meals. A part of Grace felt like the picnic was to keep him at bay long enough to watch the fireworks, but it was still cute he did all of this.

The fireworks started going off an hour later, they had already eaten everything and it was getting dark. They huddled up together, holding each other as they watched each one pop into the sky.

"I've never seen fireworks this extravagent, they must be a big deal on this Island."

"Mmmhm." Grace hadn't noticed Ace's staring until now, his eyes glued on her with a big cheesy grin on his face.

"What?"

"I love you." He blurted, without a second thought. Instantly her face shifted from one of joy to shock. Fireworks continued to pop in the background, the beautiful bright colors reflecting off their faces.

"I love you too." She threw her arms around him, squeezing him tightly. Ace could feel her smile against his neck as he hugged her back.

"Hey, you're missing the fireworks!" Ace giggled. She just shook her head as she pushed herself further into his warm body. Right now, Grace didn't care about anything else.