Two

Hey everyone!

Here's chapter 2 for day 2 of choni week. Thank you for letting me know you enjoyed the first chapter, I LOVE reading your comments & I hope you like this one too!

Happy reading!

Nat xx

Toni spent the weekend with Sweet Pea and Fangs, she didn't mention anything about Cheryl, she felt like it was going against her trust for some reason. Her eye was well and truly swollen now with angry shades of blue and purples surrounding it. The brunette pretended she couldn't remember who gave her the shiner to her friends since she was satisfied with the beating she gave Reggie. She had a feeling that he wouldn't drop it though.

Monday morning rolled around faster than any teenager would like and after a stern talking to from her nana she headed to school. Her nana wasn't keen on her fighting, she told Toni multiple times that it wasn't very lady like and no man would want a feisty woman. Toni knew that her nana meant no harm, it was the way she was raised. Like most women, she was raised to become a good wife and mother.

Toni's grandfather instilled something different in her though, he taught her to never bow down to anyone. He told her that she would become something. Someone. And that she was going to be much more than a housewife. Her grandfather loved that she could hold her own against most of the boys her age as she grew up.

Because of that Toni was one of the only female serpents who was treated like the male serpents her age. Something that Toni hoped would continue through the years. She held her own and no one could take that away from her.

The stares she got wasn't unusual when she got to school, she was probably the only girl ever seen at school with a black eye. And this wasn't the first time. Toni would bet her bottom dollar though that the perfect students of Riverdale had seen their mothers with shiners of their own put there by their abusive husbands.

It was a taboo subject, the way a husband could treat his wife. Violence happened often however it was never spoken about. Instead it creeped it's way into families and never left. Toni was lucky, although she didn't grow up with her parents she never witnessed violence in her home. Her grandfather loved her grandmother dearly and would never lay a finger on her. He taught Toni to never stand for that from any man.

'Woah T. What happened to you?' Jughead asked when he laid his eyes on Toni at the school entrance.

'Don't worry about it,' Toni said. 'Got into a bit of a scuffle, that's all'.

'Doesn't look like nothing'.

'Just drop it,' Toni said, her voice stern and thankfully he did.

They met up with Sweet Pea and Fangs for a smoke before the first bell. They talked a little about their day ahead, always the same thing- how they couldn't wait for the day to be over. The bell rang loudly and the four of them dropped their cigarettes to the ground stamping on them with their boots to stub them out.

Toni's first lesson of the day was English, something she didn't particularly like but something she was good at. That was one of Toni's problems, she was smart and because of that she spent most of her times in her lessons alone. Her friends not caring much for their education since they were all expecting to work for the serpents as soon as they left high school.

Toni didn't want that, she wanted to go on to something else. Something better. She'd always be a serpent, but she never wanted to rely on them financially, she wanted to be independent.  She wanted to be able to take care of herself and her nana, repay her for everything she's done throughout Toni's life. She would have loved to do that for her grandfather too but that wasn't an option anymore.