Fourty

Hey everyone!

Here's another chapter!

Can you believe this is chapter 40 for a story that was meant to be short for Choni week? That all down to my girl who begged me to make it into a full fic.

I hope you're all still enjoying it & I appreciate you always showing up to read!

Nat xx

As 1pm approached Toni was sure Cheryl wasn't showing up. The necklace and letter still sat on her kitchen counter as the brunette debated posting the necklace to the redhead on her way back home. She hadn't heard anything from Moose either which she took as a good sign, hopefully the serpents would have given him a few broken bones and dropped him off somewhere far away.

In her eyes he deserved it.

Toni looked at her bag sat next to the door and decided that maybe she'd just leave early and save herself the embarrassment of waiting for the redhead. She was doing it again and she knew it, but the truth was more painful than a lie and she preferred to live in her delusion at least when it came to her ex girlfriend.

After throwing her bag on her back Toni took a final look around her trailer. She had one place she wanted to stop by before she left Riverdale. As she opened the door she jumped at the exact same time as the redhead did. Toni wasn't sure how long Cheryl had been pacing outside her trailer and she didn't ask.

'I didn't think you were going to come,' Toni said as she stood at the door.

'Neither did I'.

'Do you want to come in?'

'Am I keeping you from whatever you were doing?'

'Of course not. Come in'.

Toni moved to one side to allow the redhead to come inside, they were both nervous and rightfully so. Today would tie up any loose ties from their old relationship allowing them to truly leave it in the past.

'Take a seat. Can I get you a drink or anything?'

Toni half expected Cheryl to refuse, so they could get this out of the way as quickly as possible, but she didn't.

'Tea please,' Cheryl said as she sat on the couch.

Toni made her way to the kitchen area as she made them both a mug of tea, she couldn't help but glance at the redhead every now and again. Cheryl didn't notice she was too busy looking around the trailer with her hands in her lap.

'Here you go,' Toni said a few minutes later handing the redhead the mug before sitting down herself. 'How's Jason?'

'He's good. He left not long after you last night and he called this morning. He's been very supportive'.

'I'm glad to hear that,' Toni said shuffling awkwardly. 'I wanted to apologise about the way I left when we were teenagers. I really am so sorry. The way I handled the whole situation was immature especially when I asked you to choose between Reggie and I'.

'Toni, please don't think it wasn't something I thought about before you asked me. I didn't want to be with Reggie, but I was scared to leave him. He was unpredictable and I knew if he did anything to hurt me you'd react. I didn't want that. I didn't want you getting into trouble because of me'.

'I know and I should have known better. I was being selfish. I just wanted you to be mine'.

'It's not selfish Toni. I hated the thought of you being with Moose, but I knew I'd be a hypocrite if I said anything. Although I know you left him not too long after you asked me to be your girlfriend. I'm sorry I couldn't do the same'.