Thirty Eight

Good morning!

I hope you're all good :)

Here's another update for you all, I hope you like it.

Let me know what you think!

Happy reading!

Nat xx

Just as Fangs said the ballroom looked beautiful. Toni and Kevin made their way over to the seating plan so they could find their seats before the bride and groom arrived. The brunette couldn't see her name until Kevin pointed it out though.

'There you are,' Kevin said. 'Table two'.

'Table two,' Toni repeated her eyes widening as she saw who she was sat next to. 'Is this a mistake? I'm not a part of the bride or groom party'.

'It's right,' Kevin said. 'Your names not anywhere else. C'mon, I'm on table three'.

Toni followed Kevin to their tables, she was honoured that Veronica and Sweet wanted her with the bridesmaids and best men, but she didn't know if she could take sitting next to Cheryl whilst trying to be herself. As she sat down she saw Archie take a seat next to Kevin, Jason and who Toni assumed was his partner sat down with them too. He sent her a smile and a wave which Toni returned feeling like a fool because she was sat alone.

The hustle and the bustle calmed down as Veronica's parents and Sweet Peas father walked in which meant the newly married couple would be on their way soon. They took their seats at the head of the table, two chairs remaining empty for the bride and groom. The classical music quietened down a little as the doors opened again, Fangs, Jughead and the bridesmaids walked through proudly. The boys played around waving to everyone as if the were royalty while the girls rolled their eyes behind them.

Toni shuffled awkwardly in her seat as they made their way over. She tried to think about what she could say, her mind whirling with how she would deal with the redhead sitting next to her when so much had happened.

'Hey T,' Fangs said as he took his seat.

'Hey,' she smiled as she watched Jughead pull out Tabitha's chair.

Betty and Tabitha greeted her as they sat down as did Jughead. She kept her eyes forward as Cheryl pulled out the chair next to her. Toni could smell her perfume, it was the exact same one she used to wear. Luckily for her no one seemed to pay them much mind so hopefully they wouldn't ask questions on why the two of them didn't seem to speak.

Cheryl accidentally knocked the brunettes arm as she sat down. It was the first time their skin had connected in years. Toni felt the goosebumps rise at the touch which was embarrassing to say the least.

'Oh, sorry,' Cheryl said pulling her seat in as she tried to make herself comfortable.

'Don't worry about it,' Toni said turning to face her a little.

Cheryl looked at her and nodded. Toni knew she was doing the exact same thing as her, she was trying to be polite for the sake of everyone else and that made things a little more bearable. Or at least she told herself it did.

Suddenly she felt someone push between them, she looked down to see the same little boy with his back to her as he looked up at Cheryl. The redhead looked at Toni before looking down, the brunette could see the warmth in her eyes as she looked at him.

'James c'mon, you need to stay sat with us,' Jason said as he reached the boy.

'Noooo,' he cried.

'James,' Cheryl said looking at him. 'What did we talk about? As soon as dinners over you can sit with me okay? Veronica and Sweet Pea will be here soon and we all have to be in our seats when they arrive'.