Twenty Two

Hey everyone!

Is it too early for another chapter?

I hope not because here it is.

Thank you for all of the comments on the last two. I appreciate it and it really helps to know people are enjoying my story.

Let me know what you think to this one :)

Happy reading

Nat xx

Toni woke up with a pounding in her head reminding her instantly of the night before. As she moved to stretch out her body she felt warmth radiating from behind and around her.

Cheryl.

They must have moved in their sleep and somehow the redhead found her and wrapped her arms around her middle. Toni couldn't deny she enjoyed the feeling of the other girls body around hers however she knew she couldn't stay like this.

For both their sakes.

And their reformed friendship.

So as carefully as she could she unwrapped herself from the redheads grip and slid to the bottom of the bed before climbing out.

She took a look at the girl sleeping in her bed. She looked so peaceful.

So perfect.

Toni quickly shook her head. Cheryl was her friend. Nothing more. Nothing less.

And she was lucky that after everything that they were even that.

So she let out a breath and left her bedroom in search of water and aspirin. God knows she needed some.

The door creaked as she pulled it open, she checked over her shoulder but thankfully the cheerleader didn't even stir.

'Good morning Antoinette'.

'Oh my... Nana you scared me,' Toni said as her hand clutched her heart as she entered the kitchen.

'You're up early'.

'I have a headache'.

'I can't say I'm surprised after the state you were in last night'.

'I'm sorry'.

'Is Cheryl still here?'

'Yeah, she's sleeping'.

'Did you two manage to resolve your differences?'

'We did'.

'Great. Good friends are hard to find'.

'I know'.

'You know Antoinette, I try to let you live and make your own mistakes. I know as a serpent you need freedom to explore who you are, but I give you that freedom believing that you will use it wisely. Getting into the state you were in last night isn't very wise. Is it?'

'No nana. I know and you're right, but from now I'm going to try harder. To make better choices and to be a better person to the people around me'.

'That's all I ask sweetheart'.

~~~

When Toni popped her head back into the bedroom after her chat with her nana Cheryl was still sleeping, but she knew the redhead would probably have to get home soon so her parents didn't worry. Carefully she sat on the end of her bed with two mugs of tea in her hand and prepared herself to wake the other girl.

'Cher,' Toni whispered. 'Cheryl'.

The redhead hummed as her dark eyes fluttered open and landed on the brunette.