Thirty Three

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all doing good!

Here's another chapter, let me know what you think.

Happy reading!
Nat xx

Toni didn't see Cheryl like she hoped she would the day after her party. She at least expected something in the next couple of days, but there was no sign of the redhead. Toni thought about going to see her however she decided against it. The choice was the redheads and she didn't want to interfere in anyway. If Cheryl wanted her then great, but if she didn't... well the serpent didn't even want to think about that.

A knock on her door made her heart flutter although disappointment took over when she realised that Fangs said he'd drop by after school. Usually the boys would walk straight in but after her nana passed they all chose to knock. The brunette thought about telling them to stop however she didn't just want them walking in if Cheryl was with her.

'Hey T, how's your day been?'

'Same old,' Toni answered desperately wanting to ask her friend about the redhead.

'I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. You should probably think about coming back to school'.

'Nah'. Toni shook her head, 'there's no point now. So anything good happen?'

Fangs dropped onto the couch, 'nope. Nearly started a fight with your stalker though'.

'Stalker?' Toni said taking a seat. 'You talkin' 'bout Moose?'

'Yeah. He's been weird these past few days, asking questions about you and stuff'.

'Like what?'

'Like if you're seeing anyone else'.

'What did you tell him?'

'That you were sweet on a redheaded cheerleader,' Fangs said with a smirk although Toni wasn't impressed with his humour. 'I told him to mind his damn business. The sucker didn't like it. Honestly T the guy used to be cool but now he's just strange'.

'Yeah, you're not wrong'.

'Have you heard anything from Cheryl yet?' Fangs asked, his tone more serious than before.

'Not a thing. Have you seen her?'

'She's been avoiding us I think'.

Toni's heart sunk, 'why would she do that?'

'Dunno, but maybe you should just talk to her'.

'No. She has to make a choice and I won't guilt her into choosing me'.

'Okay T, you do what you have to'.

~~~

Fangs and Toni spent the rest of the evening on the couch before the dark haired boy decided to turn in. Toni agreed and walked him to the door so she could lock it before she went to bed herself.

'Hey T, what's this?' Fangs asked picking up an blank envelope on the step.

Toni took it from his hands and opened it revealing what seemed to be a letter typed out by a typewriter. She looked over it, her heart beating faster with every sentence.

Toni,
I am so sorry I don't have the guts to tell you this to your face, but it has to be said. I don't want to be with you. I never did.
I love Reggie. I only love Reggie. What happened with you started out as a joke and I should have ended it long before now.
I wanted to tell you I think you should be with Moose. He loves you. He doesn't have to know about this.
Maybe it's best we don't speak anymore. I'm a cruel person Toni. I hurt people. You could do better than being friends with someone like me. You meant nothing to me.
Cheryl.