Nineteen

Hey everyone!

Thank you for your comments on my last chapter. I'm going to try and upload whenever I finish a chapter which will be on my days off work.

I hope you like this one.

Let me know what you think & thank you for the comments!

Happy reading!

Nat xx

Toni felt weight on her chest when she began stirring. She cracked open an eye to see red hair splayed across her chest. Quickly realising that they'd fallen asleep and sometime in the night they'd got tangled around each other.

The serpent froze, if she could wake up like this every morning it would be a dream, but she knew she was being unrealistic. She gave herself some time to enjoy being in the moment before she gently ran her fingers through red hair.

Feeling the girl begin to stir made the serpents heart thump, she had no idea what her reaction was going to be, but she'd soon find out.

When Cheryl finally looked around it took her a moment to realise where she was and remember what happened. Toni waited until she turned to look at her, she saw the panic in the redheads eyes but she wanted to keep things until control.

She wanted to play it cool.

'Good morning,' the serpent said quietly.

Cheryl sat up a little more, 'good morning'.

'How are you uh, feeling?'

'I-I don't really know'.

'That's okay, neither do I. Do we talk about... you know?'

Cheryl shuffled away from Toni a little but her head soon found the pillow next to the serpents. The brunette laid back too facing the ceiling until she felt the redhead turn on her side to face her.

Was Toni suppose to do the same? Or was it better for her to keep her gaze diverted?

Toni opted for the latter, she turned to face Cheryl and dared to examine her face.

Her dark eyes.

Her plump pale pink lips.

Her perfectly smooth skin.

But also the pained look on her face.

'What are you thinking?' Toni whispered.

Cheryl swallowed the lump in her throat before she replied, 'that everything in my body is telling me to run away. To avoid you and my... feelings towards you'.

'I won't stop you if that's what you want to do'.

'No'. Cheryl shook her head, 'you deserve more than that'.

'You don't owe me anything Cher...'

The nickname wasn't lost on either of them and as awkward as this conversation was they found a comfort in each other they didn't have with anyone else.

'No actually I do... you were honest with me and it's only fair I'm honest with you'.

'Why do I feel like this is going to hurt?'

Cheryl gave Toni a sad smile before she started speaking, 'I can't deny there's something about you Toni. Something between us that I can't explain and how I wish... I wish things could be different, but we both know what's happening between us is wrong'.

'Says who?'

'Says everyone. We could be sent to jail or an institution...'

'Cheryl please, we can work something out. We can keep things between us. I love spending time with you'.