Twenty Nine

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the emotional turmoil I caused with the last chapter, this one's probably no better lol.

Either way let me know what you think!

Happy reading!

Nat xx

Cheryl met up with Reggie at Pops, it was early evening and she'd considered cancelling. After last night with Toni she was finding it more and more difficult to face her boyfriend. He didn't talk or touch her the same way Toni did and he definitely didn't make her feel the same way. She knew if she broke up with Reggie though it would cause drama and although the bulldog had behaved himself for the most part lately he was still unpredictable and the redhead knew Toni wouldn't stand for it.

'Hey baby,' Reggie said as Cheryl took a seat next to him.

'Hey. How are you?'

'I'm good. What have you been up to today?'

'Not a lot,' Cheryl said, her mind moving to this morning with Toni. 'You?'

'I came in with Moose and a few of the guys, he left soon after though. That bitch of a snake broke up with him'.

'What?' Cheryl tried to ignore the way Reggie addressed who she assumed was Toni.

'I knew she was no good for him. Probably thought she could take him for all he had and got bored when he wouldn't hand it over'.

The redhead felt rage bubbling in her chest, 'don't talk about Toni like that. You know she's my friend'.

'I don't know why. People like us shouldn't associate with people like her,' Reggie said as the bell above the door jingle. 'Speaking of riff raff'.

Cheryl turned to see Sweet Pea, Fangs and Jughead walk through the doors to the diner. Fangs made eye contact with her before saying something to the boys and making his way over. Reggie was already in a bad mood so the redhead just hoped that her boyfriend wouldn't be rude and cause trouble.

'Cheryl, can I uh, talk to you?'

'Can't you see we're on a date?' Reggie spat with his arms folded.

'It's about Toni,' Fangs said looking at the cheerleader and ignoring her boyfriend.

'We already know she's broken up with Moose. We don't-'

'What?' Fangs shook his head, 'it's not about that'.

'What is it?' Cheryl finally asked.

'I need to speak to you privately'.

'Well we're busy so you can-'

'Reggie would you just shut up!' Cheryl snapped as she stood up and nodded towards the diner doors.

The two of them walked out of Pops to talk without anyone else listening. Cheryl was a little nervous. Had Toni told Fangs about the two of them? Was he here to tell her to stay away from her? The look on the boys face told her it was bad whatever it was.

'Are you going to tell me what's going on?' Cheryl finally asked.

'It's Toni. Her nana... she's... gone'.

'Gone where?' Cheryl frowned before she connected the dots. 'Oh no. Where's Toni?'

'She's at the trailer. She won't let us in'.

'What happened?'

'When Toni got home earlier today she found her nana on the couch... it was already too late. I don't know the whole story, all I know is that she ran to Sweet Pea. He stayed with her while the paramedics took her nana away and eventually she asked him to leave. We popped by but she wouldn't answer the door'.