Thirty Nine

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the comments on the last chapter, I was going to upload this yesterday but I ended up going out and not getting back until late.

Let me know what you think :)

Happy reading!

Nat xx

As the party came to an end Toni was happy to call it a night, she said goodbye to her friends knowing she most likely wouldn't see them again for a while if at all. She decided to not say goodbye to the redhead for the simple reason that it would hurt too much. So after saying goodbye to her friends she left.

Craving the fresh air she decided to walk back to the trailer, she wanted to be left with her thoughts so she could accept and try to leave them behind. The stars in the sky twinkled as she stared at them. She heard the crunch of a twig behind her and she quickly turned around to see someone behind her.

'Toni...' she heard her name and recognised the voice immediately.

'Moose what the hell are you doing?'

'Look I know you don't want to speak to me-'

'Damn right I don't!' Toni said turning around continuing to walk home.

'I could ruin Cheryl's life you know? If what happened between the two of you came out she'd be the one dealing with it right? Because you'll be leaving'.

Toni whipped around, 'Moose you better watch what you're saying'.

'No Toni, you don't get to tell me what to do. You left me for her. For a woman. Do you know how humiliating that is for a man?'

'I didn't leave you for her Moose. I left you because it wasn't working. I was seventeen and you were talking kids and marriage'.

'Everything all right?' Cheryl asked coming up behind Moose looking at Toni. 'I saw him follow you out. Do you want me get Fangs?'

'No,' Toni said. Moose was obviously unstable and the brunette was worried for the redheads safety. 'Go back inside Cheryl'.

'Toni I-'

'She told you to go didn't she?' Moose said.

'Moose, I'm sorry for what happened all right?' Toni said getting his attention away from Cheryl.

'No you're not. You loved me, I know you did. It wasn't until she got involved did everything fall apart'.

'I didn't love you Moose. I'm sorry-'

'Can we just talk?' He begged.

'We are talking and nothings going to change'. Even though Toni was furious inside she tried to keep her cool. 'I didn't feel the same way about you as you did about me. We were teenagers it wasn't anything more than a crush at the time. You need to move on, this is crazy'.

'Tell Cheryl that your thing with her was just a crush at the time,' Moose said.

'What?'

'You said what you and I had wasn't anything more than a crush when we were teenagers. You and Cheryl were teenagers too, tell her that it was just a crush'.

Toni looked at Cheryl before looking at Moose, 'this is getting ridiculous and I'm beginning to lose my patience. Now leave'.

'Tell her Toni!'

'No Moose! What Cheryl and I had was real to me! Is that what you want to hear? What I felt for you is not even a speck in the universe for what I felt for her. I didn't love you, but I did love her and you ruined that. You ruined everything!'