Twenty Four

Hey guys!

Here's one I prepared last night lol.

It's 10am here & I've been at work for almost 4 hours already, only another 9 hour to go (someone send me good vibes).

I'm uploading this on my break so if there's any mistakes I'll apologise now.

I hope you like this one & as always let me know what you think!

Happy reading!

Nat xx

Ps. This chapter is more from Cheryl's pov.

Cheryl had tossed and turned all night finally falling into a deep sleep just as her alarm blared snatching her from her dreams.

Dreams of a certain dark haired serpent who had no business being there.

Toni had been so obviously flirting with her last night even though they'd promised to remain friends and the redhead didn't want to admit it but... she liked it.

She liked that Toni always pushed the boundaries with her in a way she could just play it off as friendly banter. Friendly banter that only ever happened with her and no one else.

No matter how many times she looked herself in the mirror and told herself Reggie was right for her she knew it was a lie.

She wished it was as easy as that. She wished that she fell in love with the footballer and only had eyes for him.

She was blinded by the idea of love and how being in love with a boy would push away any... deviant feelings.

They didn't, but having Reggie meant no one especially her mother would question her on things she'd rather not be questioned about.

That was until Toni come bursting into her life and blew everything out of the window. She offered an unwanted hand to a part of the redhead that she wanted to keep hidden.

And Cheryl had kissed her twice, completely of her own accord. However Toni did kiss her back.

Both times.

And then admitted that there were feelings there.

Cheryl was proud of herself for putting a stop to it regardless of how much it hurt.

But it felt inevitable that they found themselves in each others orbits again and again.

Like they were magnets pulling towards each other no matter how much they resisted.

And Cheryl was getting tired of resisting.

Her alarm blaring again made her huff. She smacked the top of the clock before her mother reprimanded her.

~~~

The school day started the same as any other. She met Reggie and walked through the doors to Riverdale High after he'd placed a kiss on her cheek.

She gave her friends a small wave as she passed them, none of the serpents were in sight and that wasn't unusual, they weren't the most punctual students.

On the way to her first class the redhead surprisingly caught Toni heading into the bathroom. She automatically pulled her hand out of Reggie's.

'Babe, what's wrong?'

'Oh nothing. I-I uh, just need to use the bathroom'.

'Do you want me to wait-'

'No,' Cheryl said a little too quickly before she regained herself. 'No. You get yourself to class. I'll see you later, okay?'