Thirty

Hey everyone!

Here's the next chapter :)

Let me know what you think!

Happy reading!
Nat xx

The days blurred into weeks and Toni had barely left her trailer. She'd sent Cheryl home the day after her nana passed because it was school the day after and she wouldn't allow her to miss it. She hadn't been to school herself but that was beyond the point. All she'd done was stay in bed all day except today, she couldn't because it was the day of her nana's funeral. The serpents had taken care of her over the last few weeks making sure she had what she needed and that all her nana's affairs were taken care of.

And Cheryl. Cheryl had been a godsend. Even though Toni made her leave she came everyday after school as well as the weekends hardly leaving her alone for a moment. The redhead had begged her to go back to school however Toni flat out refused and in return Cheryl brought her schoolwork home for her. They did it together even though Toni really didn't want to. Some days were bad, most were worse but at least she had Cheryl.

'TeeTee, it's time,' Cheryl said as she stood in the doorway of the brunettes bedroom.

'Okay,' Toni whispered keeping her tears at bay.

The brunette tried to smile at Sweet Pea, Fangs and Jughead waiting for her in her lounge but her emotions betrayed her and her chin wobbled. She felt a warm hand wrap around hers, turning her head she saw Cheryl giving her an encouraging smile. The boys stood up taking it in turns to give her a hug and when they finally pulled away they guided the girls outside and to the road that was filled with serpents and southsiders who came to pay their respects.

Toni's heart dropped when she saw the hearse approaching taking her nana on her final journey. She felt Cheryls hand squeeze tighter around her own, the boys next to her with their arms draped around each other. Even Moose was standing at the other side of the road along with Veronica, Betty, Tabitha and the rest of her friends including Jason. The brunette made sure to avoid her exs eyes, today wasn't about him it was about saying goodbye to her nana.

Once the hearse had passed them Toni led the crowd to follow. The photograph of her nana smiling was staring back at her and it did offer her a little comfort. Toni put one foot in front of the other as she tried to stay present. Today was important and she didn't want the fogginess of her brain to force her to forget it even though it hurt. The church her nana attended her whole life was where the service was taking place. It wasn't too far from the trailer park and they arrived sooner than the brunette would have liked.

Toni finally let go of Cheryl's hand when the undertaker opened the back of the hearse door. Sweet Pea, Jughead and Fangs followed her, she'd personally requested for the three of them to help her carry her nana into the church. They were her brothers after all. She knew her nana would be proud of her, she could feel it in her heart as if her nana was telling her so herself. The four of them carried the casket in perfect sync, none of them put a foot out of place as they walked up the aisle. When they reached the head of the church they carefully placed the casket on top of the platform. Cheryl wasn't far behind placing a arrangement of flowers on top. Toni let her hand linger on the wooden box before standing back and finding her seat on the front row with Cheryl and the boys.

When the priest began the service Toni found her hand wrapped in Cheryl's, even just their shoulders touching offered the brunette so much comfort. She wasn't sure if she would have gotten through any of this without the redhead. She couldn't deny that the thought of other people being suspicious about the two of them had crossed her mind though. Toni didn't care what people thought of her, but she knew Cheryl did and her family definitely wouldn't allow their daughter anyway near her if they got wind of what was going on. However it was no secret, at least to their peers that Toni and Cheryl were friends, unlikely friends but still friends in their eyes and friends offered comfort in times of need.