Twenty Seven

Hey everyone,

Sorry it's been a while. A lot has been going on however I hope this chapter makes up for that.

Let me know what you think!

Happy reading!

Nat xx

Toni's guilt was eating her alive as Moose drove them to his house that evening. All she wanted to do was go to Cheryl's sleepover, but instead she was going to be spending time with Moose's family and she dreaded it.

She hoped that the dinner would be cut short and she could make it to Cheryl's in time, but she knew she was just wishful thinking.

As they pulled up to the boys house Toni pushed her feelings aside and plastered a smile on her face. This was going to go painfully slow and she hoped Moose would appreciate her effort.

'Ready doll face?'

Toni forced a smile, 'as ready as I'll ever be'.

'You'll be fine, c'mon'.

As a matter of fact Toni was not fine, she expected to walk into her boyfriends house and see his parents waiting for them. Not the whole family. Toni stayed by Moose's side as he introduced her to his family; his grandparents, cousins, aunt and uncle.

She tried to remain as graceful as she possibly could even though everything inside her was telling her to leave. Her family consisted of her nana and the boys she considered her brothers. She wasn't used to gatherings like this and she wasn't a fan of it either.

'Shall we all take a seat at the table? Dinner is ready'.

Moose took Toni's hand guiding her to the dining room. They took a seat next to each other, Moose's aunt sitting at the other side of the serpent.

Moose's father stood up, 'all right everyone, dig in!'

The first thing Toni thought about was how much Fangs, Sweet and Jughead would love a feast like this. In fact most of it would have already been devoured by now.

Her mind quickly flicked to Fangs, she needed to see him since he seemed pissed about her going to the party with Moose. She understood, one of the reasons she didn't want to go in the first place was because it goes against everything she is.

'So Antoinette is it?' Moose's grandma said snapping the brunette out of her thoughts.

'Yes Ma'am'.

'I've heard a lot about you from my darling grandson. I'm very pleased to say you are just as pretty as he described'.

'Oh, thank you that's very kind'.

'How much longer do you have left of school?'

'About six months,' Toni answered.

'Oh, how exciting. I suppose it won't be long then until my grandson will be popping the question'.

Toni frowned, 'the question?'

'Marriage dear. As soon as Moose leaves school he'll be getting a job at the families clothing store and before long he'll have a house ready for the both of you. There will be sounds of little feet pattering around in no time'.

'Marriage?' Toni repeated looking at Moose who just shrugged his shoulders with a smile on his face.

'Of course. Every young ladies dream is to become a wife and a mother. You are very lucky to have a gentleman like Moose'.

'I'm the lucky one grandma,' Moose said taking Toni's hand and bringing it to his lips.

'What a wonderful young couple'.