Eleven

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the delay, I've been super busy lately which is kind of annoying.

I hope you're all doing good. Let me know what you think!

Happy reading!

Nat xx

Toni managed to sneak out the next morning before any of the other girls were awake. She left a note on Tabitha's desk saying she had serpent business which was obviously a lie, she just needed a little space to figure out what the hell she was doing.

The serpent looked at the redhead sleeping soundly on the floor a few feet from where she slept. She looked so peaceful, her eyes moving beneath her eyelids as she dreamt. Toni wished she could spend more time appreciating everything about the cheerleader, but she couldn't.

Her feelings were developing and she couldn't deal with it. The only thing left for her to do was to put some distance between them so she grabbed her bag and her jacket throwing it on without changing out of her pyjamas as she left the house.

The sun had barely risen when Toni stepped outside, she was unsure if she'd ever woken up this early on her own account, either way she shrugged her shoulders as she threw her leg over her bike. She kicked the scrambler to life and pulled off back towards the Southside.

The trailer park was pretty quiet since it was early morning, the drunks that would have been out a few hours ago were gone with the night. As she stopped her bike outside her trailer she saw Oliver on the step of his trailer, the toy car Toni bought him hanging from his hand as he stared off into the distance.

'Hey kid,' Toni said taking a seat next to him. 'What are you doing out so early?'

He shrugged his shoulders, 'I just woke up. The lights wont work'.

'Where's your sister?'

'She's staying with my grandma. I didn't want to leave my mom'.

'Is your mom home?'

'She's sleeping'.

'All right, well it's cold out here. How about I rustle you up some pancakes?'

'Really?'

'Really. C'mon'.

'Toni?'

'Yeah?'

'Why are you out riding your motorbike in your pyjamas?'

'Oh,' Toni said looking down at her attire. 'Don't worry about that, let's head inside'.

The serpent opened her front door to see her nana sat on the couch reading the newspaper.

'Antoinette I didn't expect you home so early,' Mrs Topaz said looking at the boy peering from behind her granddaughter. 'And with little Oliver. What are you doing here dear?'

'I invited him for pancakes. His sisters with his grandma and he didn't want to leave his mom who's sleeping,' Toni said giving her nana a look that meant not to ask anymore questions.

Oliver's mother wasn't just sleeping, she was probably nursing a hangover like every other day this week.

'Then come on in, let's get you warmed up,' Mrs Topaz said.

Oliver walked into the trailer looking around, this wasn't the first time he'd ever been in the Topaz's trailer but he wasn't really familiar with the home.

'Take a seat on the couch kid,' Toni said. 'I think I have some colouring books around here somewhere'.

Toni walked into her bedroom pulling a box from under her bed, she found some old art supplies and carried them out to the table. Having Oliver over was a welcomed distraction from Toni's thoughts.