Eighteen

Okayyy sooo... I've managed to finish this chapter tonight. I've written more today than I have in a while & I feel kind of bad for leaving the last chapter where I did.

So here's the next chapter.

Happy new year & happy reading!

Nat xx

Two months later.

The student lounge had become the best place to spend your spare time at school. It was a place where the group of unlikely friends spent their breaks between classes.

The awkwardness between Toni and Cheryl had pretty much disappeared. They spent time together but only as a group which practically became a daily occurrence.

Toni had something she wanted to tell her friends regarding a certain dark haired boy however she hadn't gotten around to it yet so when Moose walked over to the group and took a seat beside her draping his arm over her shoulders the rest of the group looked on wide eyed.

Moose wasn't someone who was in their friendship group, he'd hang out sometimes but he spent most of his time with some boys from the football team.

Toni and Moose had been spending time together secretly and since he'd been so nice she decided to give him a chance. He wasn't her usual type, he was neither a bad boy or a certain redheaded girl but he was all right.

They'd talked about telling her friends but the brunette had diverted the conversation however now she had no choice but to answer the questions that were definitely going to be thrown her way.

Especially from Veronica Lodge.

There was no point in denying anything now though, her courting Moose was obvious so she just tried to act as natural as possible. At least until her eyes met Cheryls. The redhead looked away quickly so Toni did the same ignoring the dropping of her stomach.

She still liked Cheryl.

She really liked Cheryl, but she couldn't keep torturing herself with something that would never happen.

They were friends.

Toni would learn to be happy with that.

~~~

'Okay. Spill!' Veronica said grabbing Toni's arm before she could follow the boys out of the lounge.

'I don't know what you're talking about,' Toni said ignoring Betty, Tabitha and Cheryl who were stood behind the raven haired girl.

'You and Moose Mason? I knew he liked you, but I never thought he'd be your type'.

'Really? And I'm intrigued to know what you think my type is'.

'A tall, dark and handsome bad boy,' Veronica said as if it were obvious.

Toni's eyes accidentally met Cheryl's before she looked at Veronica, 'looks like you're wrong then'.

'You're full of surprises Toni Topaz. I'll give you that. I guess you'll be at the game tonight then? Cheering on your beau'.

'Yes Ronnie, I'm gonna be there'.

'Good we'll meet up afterwards'.

~~~

The Bulldogs game was a success and although Sweet Pea, Fangs and Jughead teased her for being there for Moose they were there for their friends. And of course Toni wasn't just there for Moose, she was there for her friends too.