Fourty Four

Hey everyone,

So after last nights episode I decided to get my depressed arse into gear and get some writing done. Although, because I really wanted to finish this story this is the last chapter. I don't want to keep you guys waiting and I think now was the right time to do it.
I appreciate all of you continued comments, votes, kudos and the kindness of you all, I really do!
I hope to see you on the next one!

Happy reading!

Nat xx 

What was meant to be a one night visit to see Toni turned into a month, they'd fallen into a routine that both of them were enjoying, but they knew it couldn't last forever. Cheryl still lived in Riverdale and she'd have to go home at some point even though she wasn't completely sure if she wanted to.

Obviously she missed her family and her friends, but they all had their own lives. She wanted that for herself however she knew it was too soon to talk to Toni about it, they'd only been dating for a few weeks and it's not like they're official.

'Hey baby,' Toni said as she dropped on the couch next to the redhead after placing a kiss on her cheek. 'How are you?'

Cheryl felt the lump in her throat as she looked at Toni, 'I think it's time for me to go home.'

'Oh.' Toni couldn't help feeling concerned, 'have I done something to upset you?'

'No, of course not TT, but I don't live here. I have to go home at some point.'

'Then go home tomorrow.' Toni placed a kiss on the redheads lips, '...or the next day or just stay here with me forever.'

'What?' Cheryl said causing Toni to pull back.

'Stay here with me forever.'

'Don't joke Toni.'

'I'm not. I'm serious. I love having you here and I know we said we'd take things slow, but I can't help the way I feel about you. We've already wasted so much time and I don't want to waste anymore-'

'What about my family? What are they going to think if I just up and leave to share a place with my friend?'

'Well there's a spare bedroom that you can call your own for when your family visit and we can always visit Riverdale.'

Toni could see the anticipation on the redheads face, this was a big step, but it wasn't like they'd only just met.

'Cheryl look at me,' Toni said gently. 'There's no pressure, like I said I'd love for you to stay, but you don't have to. I just wanted you to know that I do want you here, I want to make a home with you. Cher, I love you, I always have and I always will.'

'You do?'

'Of course I do. You're everything I could ever want and more. I want to be with you, now and forever, if you'd have me?'

Cheryl couldn't stop the tears falling from her eyes as she nodded her head, she'd waited years for this moment, she'd dreamed about it even though she never believed it would happen.

'So you'll be my girl?'

Cheryl laughed lightly through her tears, 'of course I will... and Toni?'

'Yeah?'

'I love you too.'

•••

Cheryl called Jason when Toni left for the grocery store, she was nervous about telling her brother that she was leaving Riverdale to pursue a life with Toni. She knew he'd understand, but she was also giving up so much. Her home, her friends and her family, this wasn't an easy decision although she knew it was the right one.