Eight

Hey everyone!

Happy Halloween!

Here's the next chapter, enjoy!

Nat xx

Toni couldn't wait to get to school Tuesday however when she arrived her excitement was extinguished. The first thing she saw was Cheryl and Reggie walking towards into school hand in hand. She didn't know why it hurt her so much, they were courting. Still, she couldn't help but feel deflated so she sparked up a cigarette taking a drag so hard it burnt her throat.

'You all right?' Sweet Pea asked as he approached her.

'Fine,' Toni muttered.

'How was your evening with Red?'

'She's not too bad. How was your day with the school idiot?'

'He's a phoney. He gave me the odd insult when we were alone, but he's all bark no bite'.

'You were literally fighting yesterday, I don't think that's no bite'.

'Nah,' Sweet Pea shook his head. 'Reggie likes to roughhouse, he would never beat me in a real fight. I always go easy on him'.

'Why?' Toni frowned.

'Because that's all he can take, besides guys like Reggie can get a guy like me in trouble. If I seriously hurt him I would do time and he's really not worth it'.

Toni hummed as she took another drag, 'I guess'.

'Hey losers,' Fangs said as he approached the pair taking the cigarette from Toni's fingers.

'Hey!'

Fangs smirked as he took a drag before handing the cigarette back, 'someone's in a mood this morning'.

'I'm not in a mood'. Toni snatched the cigarette from the boys hand, 'I have to get to class'.

'She's in a mood,' Fangs said looking at Sweet Pea who nodded along.

~~~

After lunch Toni was in her art class when there was a knock at the door. The teacher, Mr Edwards, opened it to see Veronica stood there with a forced smile on her face.

'Mr Edwards,' she said clamping her hands together. 'I wondered if I could take Toni for the rest of the class?'

'And why would I allow that?' he asked.

'As I'm sure you're aware Principle Weatherbee arranged a project for some of the students. Toni is one of them and she is needed in the schools kitchen. You're welcome to check if you don't believe me'.

Mr Edwards looked over at Toni and nodded, 'Antoinette, collect your belongings, you're needed elsewhere'.

The brunette shoved her stuff into her bag and stood up, the chair squealed as it scraped across the floor making the other students groan.

'What's going on?' Toni asked as she left the classroom.

'We still need more cakes to sell at the bake sale tomorrow, Weatherbee said we can use the kitchen'.

'Who's we?'

'Everyone on the project'.

'Right'.

~~~

Toni walked into the school kitchen to see everyone on the project stood preparing their area including Sweet Pea, Fangs and Jughead all wearing aprons which the brunette wanted to laugh at but didn't. The only person that seemed to noticed she walked into the room was Cheryl, she offered her a small smile before putting her head back down.