Three

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all doing good!

Here's chapter three for day three of choni week, I hope you enjoy it!

Happy reading!

Nat xx

Toni thought she'd be bored being stuck in the trailer everyday after school but actually she'd enjoyed it. She got to spend some much needed time with her nana and catch up with the school work she'd fallen behind on.

The boys laughed when Toni told them she was grounded and they even went as far to try and speak to Toni's nana to rethink her choice however she didn't budge. Toni respected that, if her nana said something she stuck to it. The teenager learnt that at a young age.

School had been slightly tolerable too, since they were all on the verge of expulsion the serpents and the bulldogs kept out of each others way. The only time things were tense was in the last hour at school, since they had all gotten the same punishment the teenagers were all expected to sit their detention together and to make it worse they were paired up in an attempt to ease their hatred for each other.

Sweet got paired up with Reggie, Fangs with Chuck, Jughead with Moose Mason and Toni with Jason Blossom. Naturally. It wasn't until Tuesday Jason spoke to Toni, she didn't want to converse with him but she had no choice.

'So why did Reggie deck you in the first place?' Jason asked, his eyes still on his paper.

'He didn't deck me,' Toni said keeping her voice low. 'I decked him'.

'You do pack a mean punch,' Jason said looking at her a little before smiling.

Toni just looked at him, she imagined that more than half of the Northsiders at this school would be semi decent people if they didn't all flock together following the leader like a bunch of sheep.

'So are you going to tell me why?' he pushed.

Toni just shrugged, 'not for me to say'.

'My mother said Serpents just strike for no reason. Nothin' but venom she says'.

'Can't say I'm surprised,' Toni said, she was used to the prejudice of other people which was laughable since everyone had flaws so she let a little something slip. 'You should watch Reggie with your sister. He's not a good guy'.

'What does that mean?' Jason asked.

'Like I said, it's not my business'.

Toni ended the conversation there, she wasn't a gossip although she felt like she needed to protect the redheaded boys sister from her pathetic boyfriend. She'd done what she could, now she could leave Jason to the rest, if he was smart enough to put together the pieces.

~~~

Toni's nana insisted they went out for lunch on Sunday since the teenager had behaved at school all week and it was the last day of her punishment. Toni didn't have any complaints, she'd realised in being grounded that she doesn't spend nearly as much time with her nana as she would like. Something she wanted to change going forward.

'Where are we going?' Toni asked as her nana drove over the rocky roads of the Southside.

'Pops. It been so long since I've been there'.

Great.

'How does that sound?' her nana asked when Toni didn't speak.

'Sounds amazing Nana'.

~~~

Toni linked arms with her nana as they walked into the diner, her legs weren't what they used to be and it wasn't unusual for her to lose her balance. They found a booth tucked away in the back, Toni hadn't set foot in here since she was young and she didn't want to draw attention to herself. Northsiders were trouble causers, she knew how they'd react seeing her here.