Fourty Two

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing good, sorry it's been a while I've been going through some stuff, but I'm determined to get this story finished.

Thank you all for your patience and although this chapter isn't a long one I hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for the messages & reaching out to those of you that have.

Happy reading!
Nat xx

When Cheryl began to wake she felt a warm body next to hers, her head was resting on Toni's chest and she could hear the steady rhythm of her heart. Everything that happened between them came rushing back, the way their skin felt against each others, the way Toni seemed to know her body so well and the way each orgasm crashed through her body.

Cheryl didn't regret a moment of it although maybe she should. Maybe she has just opened herself up to more pain now she knows what she'll be missing once Toni leaves and of course she'll leave, she doesn't live in Riverdale anymore.

The redhead stiffened a little as she felt Toni stir beneath her until soft fingers lost themselves in a mess of ginger curls as the brunette whispered gently, 'are you awake?'

'Yes,' Cheryl answered almost so quiet that she wasn't sure if the brunette would hear it.

'Are you all right?'

'I don't really know,' the redhead answered truthfully. 'Are you?'

'Honestly I'm worried about the conversation that's going to come next'.

Cheryl shuffled away covering herself with her comforter. She took a breath before turning on her side to face her lover. She hadn't been intimate with anyone since Toni left, not they'd ever gone this far and she knew how raw this conversation was going to be. However, it was needed. They both needed to be open with each other instead of going around in the circles that have always consumed their relationship.

'Do you regret it?'

'Never,' Toni said turning on her side to face the redhead. 'I just don't know what we do going forward'.

'Do you have to leave today?'

'I really should. I'll be lucky if I even have a job to go back to...'

'I understand. So, where do we go from here?'

'I'd like to work something out with you. If that's what you want? I can't just go back to living without you again'.

Cheryl looked over Toni's face searching for any doubt.

She didn't find any.

'How will that work?'

'Well, you're welcome to visit me whenever you want and I would come to you too... if you'd have me?'

'Of course I would,' Cheryl whispered and the brunette noticed the change in the redhead.

'What's wrong?'

'It's just... so much has happened. I wish we could just pick up where we left off. I really have missed you'.

'I've missed you too, but I promise you Cher I'm willing to do whatever I need to. I want to work something out with you'.

'And where do we start?'

'We start slow. No pressure. If you're feeling unsure or you change your mind about me I want you to tell me, but if you want to make a go of this, of us, I think we could do it'.

'What if people find out?'

'They won't,' Toni promised. 'But there's nothing wrong with us, you know that don't you? I've met more people like us.'