Nine

Hey everyone!

I hope you've all had a good day!

You guys have been so kind with your messages and comments lately, it's really sweet to read so thank you.

Unfortunately I'm back at work tomorrow until Monday and I work 12 and a half hour shifts, so my writing will slow down. I am going to work on this story tonight so I'm hoping for at least two more updates this week. I'm really sorry, I've tried my best to keep updating every day but the days I work I have zero spare time.

Thank you for your patience and happy reading!

Nat xx

The next morning the students on the project prepared everything for the bake sale, a huge variety of cakes, muffins and brownies covered the tables. They had donation buckets ready too, any of the cakes that didn't sell were going to help the homeless on the southside. Something that Toni had suggested as they set everything up.

The girls were in charge of the bake sale since the boys volunteered to do the physical part of the car wash. Toni didn't mind that, she'd happily stand and take money from her classmates. Peaches and Tabitha stood behind one table whilst Cheryl and Toni stood behind another.

The rest of the group pointed the students of Riverdale High in the direction of the bake sale, making sure to tell everyone that their donations would better the student lounge. Reggie was the only one that didn't participate, he just sat on a chair staring over at his girlfriend and the serpent.

'Where were you last night?' Toni asked.

'I promised to spend the evening with Reggie'.

'And how was that?'

'It was fine'.

Cheryl put on her best smile as a student approached their table. The redhead packed up the cakes and reached over for the money, her face contorted in pain before she quickly played it off with a thank you to her classmate.

'What was that?' Toni asked.

'What was what?' Cheryl said keeping her eyes forward.

'You looked like you were in pain'.

'Oh,' Cheryl said. 'I- It's just cramps'.

'Cramps?' Toni repeated quietly. 'All right'.

~~~

The sale went well and by the end of the day most of the cakes had sold. They'd made $200, which was much more than they expected. The group boxed up the rest of the cakes so the serpents could take them to the southside.

'Well done,' Veronica said with a smile. 'I think we've done better than expected and the rest will help the less fortunate'.

'It will,' Toni said with the box of cakes in her arms ready to be delivered to people who them.

Reggie stood from his chair and knocked the box from Toni's hands, 'maybe they should get a job'.

'Reggie what the hell man!' Moose said as everyone gasped.

'There's no way anything I do is going towards helping the riff raff of the southside'.

'That was a jerk move Mantle,' Jughead said.

'That's it!' Toni said pushing the boy.

'Don't touch me snake!' Reggie said as he pushed the brunette girl backwards.

'Mantle! Topaz! With me. Now!'

The group of teenagers turned to see Principal Weatherbee standing behind them.