Fourty Three

Hey!

I hope you're all doing good!

I'm planning on wrapping up this story soon, I wanted to give you a heads up since you guys are so loyal to me. Never fear though, I'm in the process of starting a new choni story so hopefully you won't be waiting long to read more of my work after this story is done.

I hope you enjoy this chapter, let me know what you think!

Happy reading!
Nat xx

When Toni got home she dropped onto her couch, leaving Cheryl was almost as hard as the first time, but at least this time she knew that they'd see each other again. Hopefully sooner rather than later, they'd exchanged phone numbers too so they could call each other daily. Toni had even wrote her address down for the redhead and told her if she ever wanted to visit she was more than welcome.

And as much as she wanted to sit on her couch and daydream about her time with Cheryl she had to call her boss and probably beg for her job back. She didn't like the idea, but as of now she had no choice, she needed money to live so she pull herself up and headed to the phone.

It was late evening so Toni knew he'd be at the club, her weekend away lasted longer than it was suppose to and as the phone rang in her ear she tried to think of an excuse.

'Hello, this is The Velvet Lounge, Juliet speaking how may I help you?'

'Juliet, it's Toni, is Jimmy around?'

'Toni? Where have you been? Jimmys been chuntering about you for days, he's mad.'

'Something came up and I couldn't get back for when I originally thought, is he available?'

'I'll just get one of the girls to get him now.'

Toni tried to remain calm, she knew if he raised his voice at her she'd only retaliate and she really didn't have the money to do that so she'd try to keep him sweet.

'Hello?'

'Jimmy, it's Toni-'

'Toni? Where the hell have you been? I was nice enough to give you the weekend off and this is how you repay me? Our regulars have been asking about you every night.'

'Look, I'm really sorry. I didn't expect to be gone longer than I said. I can be back at work tomorrow night-'

'Are you serious? You can't just do whatever you want and get away with it. I'll cut you a deal, I'll take you back, but I take an extra ten percent of your tips.'

'I don't think so,' Toni said. 'I'm your best girl and you know it. I'll tell you what, I'll turn down the offer that Danny's Dance Club reached out with if we pretend this never happened.'

Toni wasn't telling the truth, but she wasn't exactly lying. Danny had reached out to her multiple times with multiple offers, but the guy was a worse sleaze than Jimmy and she didn't want to work for him, but she could.

'Fine,' Jimmy mumbled down the phone. 'Don't be late tomorrow.'

'Wouldn't dream of it.'

Toni hung up the phone before picking it up again, Cheryl asked her to call to let her know she'd gotten home safely so she pulled the phone number from her pocket and jumped on the counter before dialling in the number.

'Hello,' the familiar voice said.

'Hi, it's Toni. I just wanted to call to say I got home safely.'

'That's good to hear,' Cheryl said. 'How was your journey?'